PDA

View Full Version : White Brother's E-Series--Loud or Not?

Brauap
02-07-2008, 08:20 PM
I am thinking about a getting a White Brothers E-Series slip-on, but I was wondering if it was loud or not. Is it loud with 12 disks? Is it loud with 1 disk? Thanks!

(The poll is for 1 disk)

my88r
02-07-2008, 08:23 PM
mine was loud either way. :macho

drew416ex
02-07-2008, 08:38 PM
I dont think the thing would even run with one disk, it wouldnt let enough exhaust out.

coryatver
02-07-2008, 08:45 PM
e series is old school. White brothers went out of buisness anyway. The white brothers is not as loud as other exhuasts but it has a nice deep tone to it.

my88r
02-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
e series is old school. White brothers went out of buisness anyway. The white brothers is not as loud as other exhuasts but it has a nice deep tone to it.

not as loud as the sparks. didnt know they went out of business?.

JOEX
02-07-2008, 09:04 PM
...White brothers went out of buisness anyway...
More info please...

my88r
02-07-2008, 09:07 PM
they look strong:D

http://www.whitebros.com/

JOEX
02-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by my88r
they look strong:D

http://www.whitebros.com/
Yea... I looked them up but the newest info was from September 2007 and the latest 'news' was from July 2007...:ermm:

my88r
02-07-2008, 09:46 PM
i called them back in july and they seemed fine. :confused:

08400EX
02-08-2008, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Yea... I looked them up but the newest info was from September 2007 and the latest 'news' was from July 2007...:ermm:

My parts rep tried to get some product from them back in October and when they were finally able to get a hold of someone they were told everything he was trying to order was "discontinued".

I have also seen a lot of WB stuff on Ebay at ridiculous pricing. I got a Swingarn Skid Plate for my wifes 250EX for $17, A-arm Guards for $11, rear grab bar for $7, etc,etc. and these were Buy It Now prices. There was one seller that had hundreds of WB products at prices like that for about a month or so.

Maybe they are getting back to focusing on just Exhausts and phasing out the other stuff. Most of the other stuff was just rebranded products anyway. For example some of the WB skid plates etc are made by Pro Armor.

Honda#4
02-08-2008, 09:13 AM
with 12 disks in it and no s/a it has a nice deep throaty sound, I run 6 on mine with the s/a and it's around the low to mid 90's in sound.

my88r
02-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by 08400EX

Maybe they are getting back to focusing on just Exhausts and phasing out the other stuff. Most of the other stuff was just rebranded products anyway. For example some of the WB skid plates etc are made by Pro Armor.

could be or they were bought out.

coryatver
02-08-2008, 10:30 AM
http://www.dealernews.com/dealernews/Breaking+News/White-Bros-Closes-Its-Doors/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/487071

White Brothers Performance Products, Inc. has closed its doors, broken down by the Motorsports Aftermarket Group, Inc. (MAG) and liquidated to other MAG-owned companies, like Vance & Hines, which acquired all of the assets from White Brothers' exhaust business.

Founded by Tom and Dan White in 1975, Yorba Linda, Calif.-based White Brothers grew to be an international distributor of high performance parts and accessories before being purchased by the MAG Group in December 2000.

MAG was formed earlier that year as an investment vehicle for private equity owner Duff Ackerman & Goodrich, LLC, and in 2006 sold to Leonard Green & Partners LP. White Brothers and Progressive Suspension were the first of a half-dozen aftermarket suppliers snapped up by MAG. Others included J&P Cycles, Kuryakyn, Mustang Motorcycle Seats, Performance Machine, Inc., Renthal and Vance & Hines.

"The addition of the White Brothers line will enable Vance & Hines to serve a wider range of market segments and accelerate the development of new products by combining the resources and expertise of two leading companies that hail from opposite ends of the motorcycle aftermarket," the company said in a prepared statement.

"This is an exciting time for the future growth of our company," said Vance & Hines president, Terry Vance. "Having focused our efforts on addressing the explosive demand in the on-road aftermarket, bringing the White Brothers off-road products under the Vance & Hines umbrella will allow us to provide leading off-road products as well. Further, it will open new avenues for the expansion of our fuel management technology under the Fuelpak brand.

"I want to assure all White Brothers customers and dealers that despite the name change, they will receive our full support. White Brothers technical and customer service staff will continue to serve all current and future business for the motocross and ATV markets, and now with the Vance & Hines name, you will continue to see growth and development of quality performance products that lead these enthusiast driven markets."

Look for new off-road applications from Vance & Hines in booth #501 at the Dealer Expo in Indianapolis. Questions regarding the announcement may be addressed by contacting John Potts at Vance & Hines (562) 921 -7461.

08400EX
02-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Just for reference this press release was dated : Jan 25, 2008

The dumping of WB stuff on Ebay and other clues all makes sense now.

stokerdog
02-08-2008, 12:11 PM
I have an e-series on my 400ex, with the little tip they sell, and no disks, it measures at 107 db (very loud) at 20" from the muffler. This was to test to see if I meet Wisconsin trail regulations.

I was wondering if adding disks would make it quiter? Anyone have experience?

Thanks!

my88r
02-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by stokerdog
I have an e-series on my 400ex, with the little tip they sell, and no disks, it measures at 107 db (very loud) at 20" from the muffler. This was to test to see if I meet Wisconsin trail regulations.

Thanks!

i ran that so called quit core. your best bet is go back to the spark arrester and disks.

Brauap
02-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Wow, I cant believe White Brothers got bought out! Who owns them now? Like Bombardier got bought out by Can-Am.. Do they still sell stuff for the e-series? Like the q-core?

Thanks!

coryatver
02-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Are you even following this post. It was already posted Vince and Hines took over there exhuast portion of the company. And can am didn't buy bombardier they just changed there name for the 2nd time. they were bombardier, then the changed it to B.R.P. then to can am

my88r
02-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Are you even following this post. It was already posted Vince and Hines took over there exhuast portion of the company.

thank you!

lorenjr83
02-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by stokerdog

Thanks!

to answer your question yes the disk do make it quieter

Hondamaster5505
02-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Actually, I know the history of Can Am.

A LONG while back when they first started makeing bikes and such, they were horrible. They went by the name Can-Am. They ran strong, but thats if they ran.

Can-am was so embarrased with their products, they wanted to start fresh with a new name, aka bombardier.

Now that they got their crap together, and make quality stuff, they switched back over to Can-am.

Brauap
02-08-2008, 02:36 PM
Thats pretty cool, HondaMaster5055! So, Barbardier did get bought out. Back to the wite bros beingbought out..There was too many words and too many quotes, so I just asked.. :p This all is very interesting!!!

So back to the E-Series, More disks, quieter it is? I thought the oppisite..

Hondamaster5505
02-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Brauap
Thats pretty cool, HondaMaster5055! So, Barbardier did get bought out. Back to the wite bros beingbought out..There was too many words and too many quotes, so I just asked.. :p This all is very interesting!!!

So back to the E-Series, More disks, quieter it is? I thought the oppisite..

no no no. They never got bought out. They just changed their name so people wouldn't recognize them as the cruddy bikes they used to make. They started doing really well as Bombardier, so they changed their name back to can-am.

As far as e-series, i think more disks=louder/more flow?

Brauap
02-08-2008, 03:23 PM
OOOOOOhhhhhh!!!! I understand! Thats so awsome! Thanks for that info!

Does anyone have an E-Series they wanna sell???

02-08-2008, 03:28 PM
why not just get an HMF? I had an e-series and it was alright but i would never buy 1 after seeing the power difference between an HMF and a E-series. Check out this dyno. Its an HMF SLIP ON vs a WB E-series FULL SYSTEM.

02-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Torque difference

Brauap
02-08-2008, 03:44 PM
can't/dont want anything loud, and there is this event comming up, and I dont wanna show up the the stock pipe on.. what a loser I would be! lol. Also, I want a cheep one. I dont want to have to hurry and save up another 150 bucks, just to get something I can't keep.. Or else I probally would.

my88r
02-08-2008, 03:49 PM
can't/dont want anything loud, and there is this event comming up, and I dont wanna show up the the stock pipe on.. what a loser I would be! lol. Also, I want a cheep one. I dont want to have to hurry and save up another 150 bucks, just to get something I can't keep.. Or else I probally would.

isn't this your first race. if so just worry about finishing. make sure everything is going to hold up. then worry about pipes.:)

02-08-2008, 03:58 PM

The HMF and E-Series arent that much farther apart. Put a quiet core in the HMF and its almost the same. The E-Series is actually louder without any disk than the HMF. My friend had his like that before and it was ear piercing so we quickly switched it to the disk setup

Brauap
02-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by my88r
isn't this your first race. if so just worry about finishing. make sure everything is going to hold up. then worry about pipes.:)

This isn't the race, or I wouldn't. This is just a riding event, here. (http://rumbleontheridge.homestead.com/)

my88r
02-08-2008, 04:11 PM
This isn't the race, or I wouldn't. This is just a riding event, here. (http://rumbleontheridge.homestead.com/)

yea, you had a post in them open forum. then it was gone:p i had a full e-series header and all that i gave away. other wise i would send it to you for just shipping. but if moneys tight just keep your ex up to snuff. save the money you got in case you break something etc..:)

08400EX
02-08-2008, 04:14 PM
If you are not dead set ona WB, there is a nice Big Gun Race Series on Ebay riight now for a great deal. It makes great power, sounds incredible, has a billet end cap with removable sparky and is not beat up. No dents etc. and if you wanted it pretty it would polish up to like new easily. You could also get a new decal for it if you wanted to because Big Gun is still in business :devil:

I...er I mean the seller would propably make you a good deal on it too :-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?viewItem&rd=1&item=270210164665

http://i11.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/d8/73/24bc_3.JPG

02-08-2008, 04:16 PM

i dont see any sound regulations

Brauap
02-08-2008, 04:21 PM
There isn't any, but here are the house with my 80 y/o grumpy B about everything naighbors.. there are.. lol

lorenjr83
02-08-2008, 04:43 PM
If you are not dead set ona WB, there is a nice Big Gun Race Series on Ebay riight now for a great deal. It makes great power, sounds incredible, has a billet end cap with removable sparky and is not beat up. No dents etc. and if you wanted it pretty it would polish up to like new easily. You could also get a new decal for it if you wanted to because Big Gun is still in business :devil:

I...er I mean the seller would propably make you a good deal on it too :-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?viewItem&rd=1&item=270210164665

http://i11.ebayimg.com/08/i/000/d8/73/24bc_3.JPG

does that 08 400ex come with that pipe!:p

08400EX
02-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by lorenjr83
does that 08 400ex come with that pipe!:p

Heck yeah!! I will sell you the Big Gun for 10 grand and give you the 08 as it sits for FREE :-)

Brauap
02-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Sent you another PM, 08400EX.

08400EX
02-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Sent you another PM, 08400EX.

Reply sent.

lorenjr83
02-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Heck yeah!! I will sell you the Big Gun for 10 grand and give you the 08 as it sits for FREE :-)

do you accept monopoly money?:D

08400EX
02-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by lorenjr83
do you accept monopoly money?:D

ABSOLUTELY!!!

lorenjr83
02-08-2008, 05:52 PM
ABSOLUTELY!!!

well i dont even have that! i will have to call the wife and tell her to pick the board game up! lol

unemployment doesnt pay that well!

Hondamaster5505
02-08-2008, 05:54 PM
j450rking is selling his Big Gun Race full series for $220 shipped.

BlasterEaten250
02-08-2008, 06:39 PM
The e series can be pretty much as quiet as stock. I run 3 disks for just around my house.

I got mine for 40 bucks, and after some polishing it came out better than new...definately worth it. I don't see why someone would spend so much for an hmf (that's on a limited budget) even though you can barely feel the difference in power between the two. I can see getting it if you have the money though because it's the "cool" thing to get.

Hondamaster5505
02-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
The e series can be pretty much as quiet as stock. I run 3 disks for just around my house.

I got mine for 40 bucks, and after some polishing it came out better than new...definately worth it. I don't see why someone would spend so much for an hmf (that's on a limited budget) even though you can barely feel the difference in power between the two. I can see getting it if you have the money though because it's the "cool" thing to get.

HMF is over rated:rolleyes:

I wouldnt buy one out of spite

02-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
HMF is over rated:rolleyes:

I wouldnt buy one out of spite

Are you kidding me HMF has some of the best power gains besides Curtis Sparks yet its 1 of the cheapest priced exhaust. How can you be that and how is it over rated?

XXXRACER165
02-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
why not just get an HMF? I had an e-series and it was alright but i would never buy 1 after seeing the power difference between an HMF and a E-series. Check out this dyno. Its an HMF SLIP ON vs a WB E-series FULL SYSTEM.

What engine is that based off of though. 400/416/426/440?
And what kind of mods does the engine have? My 440 makes the most power on a E-series full system. It all depends on the engine needing a bigger head pipe and getting the jetting spot-on.

BlasterEaten250
02-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Are you kidding me HMF has some of the best power gains besides Curtis Sparks yet its 1 of the cheapest priced exhaust. How can you be that and how is it over rated? Like I said, .5 horsepower or whatever really does not make a very big difference. It feels the same. That's why I say get whatever is cheapest.

Don't get me wrong the hmf is good, but you can get something that is basically the same for less than half the price.

cbr929rr
02-09-2008, 05:18 AM
I run 4 discs when I ride where I shouldn't be, about as loud as stock, then when I run legally I add 2 discs and get great low end power and it still is below 96 decibils. I love bottom end power and don't wind out the gears that often on the tight woods of new england.

Hondamaster5505
02-09-2008, 06:29 AM
Are you kidding me HMF has some of the best power gains besides Curtis Sparks yet its 1 of the cheapest priced exhaust. How can you be that and how is it over rated?

Yes, HMF is a very nice exhaust, but the power difference between the two your not gonna fell in a seat of the pants run.

But my issue is everyone and their mother have an HMF:rolleyes:

Im glad with the DMC, because not only is it a one-off because they are rare these days, but I know it makes more power than alot of systems out there. One of the only pipes with higher power power is Curtis Sparks, but not by very much.
I saw it on a pipe test online;)

08400EX
02-09-2008, 06:39 AM
I saw a new Pipe Shootout that was just released, they tested every pipe that was ever made for a 400EX.

The conclusion of the testing by the experts was that the pipe that a particular owner had on their 400EX always made the most power, period!!.... AND every other pipe that they didn't own.. SUCKED!!

No kidding, follow this link..

http://www.yourpipesuckswindandminekicksbutt.com

:devil:

zdowell
02-09-2008, 02:56 PM
i'll throw my .02 in. I have a e-series and i love it. Its not that loud, and i run all 12 disc. Its a tad bit louder than stock but compared to others i think it is all the same. My buddy has a HMF on his 450 and the thing is loud is Helll! I paid like 100 for my e-series and I am happy as hell with it.

Also, I have ridden 400ex with other slip ons and can't ever feel the difference. but that is just slip on.