PDA

View Full Version : Breaking the habit

yamaha250f
02-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Well I decided to quit chewing on new years which it has been a month and 7 days and I'm still going strong. But on the other hand i have still been getting the physical urge to throw a dip in not the nicotine craving but the physical craving. I guess you would call it an oral fixation. So I researched around and found a safe no nicotine no tobacco product called Bacc Off and Ill tell ya what i picked up 2 cans of it yesterday and boy does it taste good. It just like the real thing the cool sensation the slight burn the great taste. If anyone is trying to quite or is going through the phases and is having a hard time I would suggest giving it a try it really helps.

ZeroLogic
02-07-2008, 06:07 PM
I got the Smokey Mountain kind. Its just not the same.:( :ermm:

mittman
02-07-2008, 07:09 PM
i chewed for about a year and i said enough of this S#!T. the g/f didnt like it. i quit cold turkey it was hard. been 4 months already plus i have some extra money to spend for diesel since its 3.45 here. good luck just try to keep your mine busy

trxwannbe
02-07-2008, 07:27 PM
sunflower seeds.... i chewed through 3 years of highschool and quit right after grad and sunflower seeds are my new best friend

ALAMX37
02-07-2008, 07:39 PM
I am struggling with my dipping. Been a can a day since I was 15 (almost 21 now). I get so pissy when I dont get my fix.

Nick110
02-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
I am struggling with my dipping. Been a can a day since I was 15 (almost 21 now). I get so pissy when I dont get my fix.

hmm only 5grand that you wasted.

chevy
02-07-2008, 07:59 PM
I started chewing when i was 14, i am 20 now and i quit for new years also. For me personally quiting was kind of easy. I really wanted to quit and i wasnt really hooked on nicotine, for me it was just a force of habbit. Whenever i hoped in my truck my first instinct was to put a dip in. so i just forced myself to quit buying the stuff. i consider myself lucky and i wish the rest of u the best of luck trying to quit.

bulkdriverlp
02-07-2008, 08:00 PM
alamx37, try getting on some anti-depressant/anxiety meds, itl settle you down. they work for me, i used to have a short fuse about just about anything, now its like oook whatever, hahah

madskrillz2
02-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
hmm only 5grand that you wasted.

way to be an *******

JOEX
02-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
way to be an *******
I see it as a reality check;)

Congrats to those who are making an effort to kick the habit:)

NacsMXer
02-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by chevy
I started chewing when i was 14, i am 20 now and i quit for new years also. For me personally quiting was kind of easy. I really wanted to quit and i wasnt really hooked on nicotine, for me it was just a force of habbit. Whenever i hoped in my truck my first instinct was to put a dip in. so i just forced myself to quit buying the stuff. i consider myself lucky and i wish the rest of u the best of luck trying to quit.

Goes to show you it's all about mindset. If you really want to stop you have all the power in the world to do so. It's all in your head. If you give in to your urges you really didn't want it bad enough.

Cut yourself off from it...cold turkey has been proven the most effective time and time again. Stop making a conscious effort to go buy the stuff. Don't cave in and get it from friends. Once you get over the physiological withdrawal symptoms you're home free i'm telling you.

ALAMX37
02-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Ya, I know it's alot of money. My smoking habit costs almost $65 a day for the past three years. But I dropped that hoe on New Years.

trick450r
02-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
Ya, I know it's alot of money. My smoking habit costs almost $65 a day for the past three years. But I dropped that hoe on New Years.

what the hell are you smoking that costs $65 a day.

pot with gold dust in it?

yamaha250f
02-08-2008, 09:52 AM
I have noticed its not the nicotine that is the problem, it is and was the oral fixation ya know I was just so used to getting in my truck and puttin one in or going to work and puttin one in. Like smokers its the hand to the mouth habit that i have and alot of other people have grown used to.

Velocity Girl
02-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Good luck to all those trying to quit...it's not easy.

I quit smoking a long time ago but you're right that's it's not just the nicotine, but the physical habits as well. Every time I got into the car I would always light up and crank the radio up....that was a tough one for me. Even now (about 12 years later) when I'm driving and hear one of my favorite songs come on and I'm driving with the windows down I think "damn, a cigarette would be great right now" ...lol!

But it's all worth it in the end...more money, better health, etc, etc.

ALAMX37
02-08-2008, 11:18 AM
3. Refrain from swearing, making sexual and drug references,or creating alternate usernames.

02-08-2008, 11:28 AM
hah hell yeah almax, that's some classy dank

Luzinski
02-08-2008, 12:27 PM
I had been chewing since I was 12 years old. I am 32 now. I also quit cold turkey back around New years time and I still get the cravings. I just tell myself it will pass and I think about my 2 year old son I will now live longer to see. Another really good anti chew is to go to a quit chewing web site like stopsmokeless.com or quitsmokeless.org and look at the cancer galleries. Nothing like seeing some dudes with there faces all ripped up and oozing puss to make you want to quit. You can also check out www.hoochsnuff.com. The classic is really close to Copenhagen. Stay strong.