PDA

View Full Version : Jeting a 400ex

Honda69
02-07-2008, 05:16 PM
ok i just bought my ex a few weeks ago and i just ordered up a pipe, k&n filter (stock replacement), 14 tooth primary sprocket and a k&n jet kit. The pipe is a DG Oval light slip on. I was wondering if anyone would have an idea on what to run for jets with this set up? I have never jeted anything in my life so this is all new to me. And has anyone ran a DG oval light on a 400ex? just curious on what its going to sound like.:)

04TRX400EX
02-07-2008, 05:27 PM
It all depends on what you are going to do with your airbox lid - keep it on stock, drill holes in it, remove it completely? If you are going to keep the lid on how it is, you are probably looking at moving up from a 148 main to a 150-152. You should not have to adjust your pilot from a stock 38. However, you may want to move the clip down on the needle one slot. I think I also adjusted the air/fuel mixture screw out when I put on my pipe and K&N.

If you are going to take the lid off, you are probably looking at somewhere around a 158-160 main, 40 pilot, and needle and air/fuel to be adjusted as needed.

I have absolutely zero experience with DG exhausts so I am kind of just guessing to give you a starting point.