PDA

View Full Version : 1991 Jeep Wrangler trade for 450R

veddersbetter
02-07-2008, 10:37 AM
I have a 91 Wrangler 4x4 4 cylinder 5 speed Id like to trade for a 450R...any year.
135000 miles
It has a newer soft top and doors...does have half doors. I have a windbreak for it and a bikini top(that could use a good cleaning) It also has a rear seat.
Has 30" BF Goodrich all terrains with slightly rusty chrome steel wheels.
It would make a great project...
4 cylinder engine runs great...starts first try even during this super cold winter...
Heat works excellent...itll cook ya even in 0 degree weather
Soft top is great...doesnt leak

*mechanically it needs a throwout bearing? Im no mechanic..this is a guess. When rolling in first gear theres a noticable trans noise..but it shifts and drives fine.
*When cold the clutch slave cylinder doesnt want to work properly and it makes a spongy clutch feel. Once it warms up its fine....I think a flush of the fluid would fix this problem.
*It needs a tailpipe from the muffler back ( I may do this soon)
*Needs side mirrors...
*It wanders on the highway....typical older wrangler.
*Some rust on the front fenders and drivers side floorboard is pretty much gone...theres a homemade floorboard in there now...clean it up and weld it...problem solved

Im nitpicking this thing...Its an old Wrangler and other than the clutch issues everything else is pretty common.

If you have any questions email me at veddersbetter@yahoo.com and type WRANGLER in the subject line.

Thanks
Nate

EDIT: Its the input/output shaft bearing in the transmission...at least thats what I was told by the previous owner. He told me when I bought it but I couldnt remember. I drive it all the time and have had no problems other than what was mentioned

veddersbetter
02-11-2008, 10:34 AM
ttt
depending on the bike I may have a little cash to go along.