PDA

View Full Version : Repairing Rusted frame?

screaminta
02-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Pappy, I definetly want to send my frame to you in the near future for a strip/gusset/powdercoating. I have a 1986 250r. I do have another 1986 frame that I was planning on sandbllasting and painting myself but I decided that I want to send it to you. Anyway, one of the tubes on the bottom of the frame is rusted pretty badly (it goes through) and I was wondering if you would be able to fix this, or if it would even be worth it? If/when I did send it to you I would want to have you fix this problem and any other cracks you may find along with a gusset kit...thanks and sorry for the long post I know you're a busy man!!!

Pappy
02-06-2008, 07:09 PM
I cant say for certain ofcourse without laying my hands on it, however you sound like a guy who knows what should and should not be repaired etc. 250r frames are so cheap these days that finding a decent one isnt to hard or expensive. I would highly recommend starting with something worthwhile before throwing money at something that you know just wont be what you want when finished.(knowing you have a sweet *** R with a repaired rusty chassis)

Hell, you can damn near buy a complete, running R for well under $2000, snag the chassis and part the rest to recoup the cash:p I never thought the day would come where that is a reality but sadly it is

screaminta
02-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I hear what you're saying, it just stinks cause I bought this frame a loong time ago on ebay and it just wasnt what I expected. I am in the process of building my new motor..fully ported/polished 310p/v and I just dont want to put the motor in the frame I have now that that also need work.. I guess I'll just bite the bullet on this one, maybe sell it for some cash and wait for a better one...but trust me you will be getting something from me in the near future..thanks again

Pappy
02-06-2008, 07:23 PM
No problem bud. I dont mind taking on the work, but I alsi try and keep people headed in the right direction without throwing money down the drain if that makes sense:p