PDA

View Full Version : ipod question "orange bar"

ny300exrider
02-06-2008, 05:53 PM
i got a old style 6g mini that i set up with playlists for my ipod ready car deck....got 817 songs(3.19gb) and almost 1.7gb of "other" in the orange bar....it definitly didnt have that much when i started so it had to be something with adding in the music. each playlist is an album that i dl'ed so i was thinking possibly album covers somehow got added in? i need that extra space for more stuff so if anyone can tell me what or how to find if is album art and if not what else i should check that would be great!

p.s. there is nothing but music...no contacts/extra games/etc etc.

heres a picture
thanks

trx400EXtreme
02-06-2008, 05:56 PM
my guess would be that it is the album artwork. just make it so you dont see that on the ipod and it should take it away.

416exfreak
02-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Album Artwork, your playlists take up some extra room too.

Im willing to bet its just the playlists with some album artwork.

parkers30
02-06-2008, 06:20 PM
on my shuffle that is part of the format, allowing you to use it store things like a thumb drive.

ny300exrider
02-06-2008, 06:27 PM
thanks guys, is there any way to remove the album artwork without deleting the playlist....if not screw it i guess but that extra space would be nice lol

WhiteYFZ
02-06-2008, 06:28 PM
thats DEFF not cover flow and playlists. thats way to much room to just be playlist or cover flow.
sometimes its just music that it puts in "other" im not sure why but it does... i would try to restore the ipod and see what happenes.. it could also be a couple of software updates.

espo