PDA

View Full Version : mx tire pressure???

WB450r
02-06-2008, 04:57 PM
i jus got my maxxis razr mx rear tires and douglas beadlocks today..jus wondering what tire pressure u guys run...

and also what tire pressure do u run up front...

THANX

eastside 400
02-06-2008, 05:26 PM
with razr's i run around 7-10 in the rear depending on the track and fronts i usually keep at 12 unless they arent hooking then i run 10

WB450r
02-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by eastside 400
with razr's i run around 7-10 in the rear depending on the track and fronts i usually keep at 12 unless they arent hooking then i run 10

yeah thts wht i was thinkin...becuz with my stock tires i would run like 5 or 6 and would get a lot of dirt and stuff in my tires..slowing me down..

400exrider707
02-07-2008, 05:20 AM
I change it at every track. With beadlocks on the rear, I run as low as 4 or 5 sometimes and no higher than 10 on really hard pack tracks, fronts between 6-12 usually. It all depends on the condition.

WB450r
02-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
I change it at every track. With beadlocks on the rear, I run as low as 4 or 5 sometimes and no higher than 10 on really hard pack tracks, fronts between 6-12 usually. It all depends on the condition.

wouldnt running low air pressure in the rear make the side wall flex around turns making dirt to get in the tires???

cuz that's what happend with my stock tires..

BlaineKaiser450
02-07-2008, 04:36 PM
i run 10-12 psi in the front, and the rear (with beadlocks) about 6-8. For reference, most of the tracks i ride at are (relativly) hard packed. This works great for me on intermediate-hard packed tracks.

eastside 400
02-07-2008, 06:42 PM
lower tire pressure will make the sidewalls flex and the tires will grip more, tire pressure doesnt really effect how much mud get clogged in the tires thats all in the tread design

WB450r
02-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by eastside 400
lower tire pressure will make the sidewalls flex and the tires will grip more, tire pressure doesnt really effect how much mud get clogged in the tires thats all in the tread design

so ur saying that i can run like 6 or 7 psi in my rear tires and not get any dirt in there...

d3ktrix
02-07-2008, 08:22 PM
With my MX razr's I run 6-7 PSI in the rear and 7-8PSI in the fronts

blacknblue#2
02-08-2008, 12:08 AM
I run ITP MXR6's on douglas beadlocks, i run right at 5.5 in the rear and they seem great. I run Razr MX on quadroks on the front and run around 9. Different tires different air pressure and if your going by stock tires they are not an MX tire at all, no matter what kinda air pressure you run in a different style tire you will notice a big difference. keep in mind though if you plan on running stock wheels in the rear you have a high risk of jerking the tire off the bead with a low pressure

WB450r
02-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
I run ITP MXR6's on douglas beadlocks, i run right at 5.5 in the rear and they seem great. I run Razr MX on quadroks on the front and run around 9. Different tires different air pressure and if your going by stock tires they are not an MX tire at all, no matter what kinda air pressure you run in a different style tire you will notice a big difference. keep in mind though if you plan on running stock wheels in the rear you have a high risk of jerking the tire off the bead with a low pressure

thanks for all the replys everyone..i have beadlocks for the rear so i will be running 6 to 7 and 7, 8 or 9 in the front..depending on the track..

thanks

bloodmoney23
02-08-2008, 07:35 PM
I run 5 in the rear and 10 in the front. works fine for me. although i should add a lil more cause i broke the bead last week at practice. but i did get extremely good traction.

AtvMxRider
02-08-2008, 07:38 PM
What does everyone run in Kenda Klaws?

AtvMxRider
02-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
What does everyone run in Kenda Klaws?

bloodmoney23
02-10-2008, 12:54 PM
to be honest, I dont know, I tried Kenda's one time and ripped the side wall. I think they are garbage. but I would run approx. 6-7 psi

kyleschonert
02-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider

All depends on the track conditions. When I had my Klaws on the rear this summer, I ran a fair race and had 4 lbs in them! And I was still spinning my tires and not hooking up! It all depends on the track really. If you go practice somewhere, just try alot of different pressures and see what fits your riding style best. I'm running Orange Label Razr's right now and was at an ArenaCross last night in Murray, KY and had to run 9.5 to keep from going on two wheels and so I could keep it on all four and spin around the corner.

I'm running Klaws up front and usually run anywhere from 9-12 in them. And for the rear I run anywhere from 6-11. Just depends really.

AtvMxRider
02-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by kyleschonert
All depends on the track conditions. When I had my Klaws on the rear this summer, I ran a fair race and had 4 lbs in them! And I was still spinning my tires and not hooking up! It all depends on the track really. If you go practice somewhere, just try alot of different pressures and see what fits your riding style best. I'm running Orange Label Razr's right now and was at an ArenaCross last night in Murray, KY and had to run 9.5 to keep from going on two wheels and so I could keep it on all four and spin around the corner.

I'm running Klaws up front and usually run anywhere from 9-12 in them. And for the rear I run anywhere from 6-11. Just depends really.