PDA

View Full Version : 360 Live help...

ZeroLogic
02-06-2008, 04:42 PM
I just got Xbox 360 live hooked up, but I came across a problem. (What else is new:ermm: ) I have a wired router and cables going to my computer, to my bros computer and to the Xbox. Right now, I can't have any internet going into my computer if I want to play on live. So pretty much when I go to play live I kill the internet on my computer and hook it up to the Xbox. When I have my computer hooked up to the internet and to the Xbox. My internet in my computer still works along with my brother's but I get an error on my Xbox saying it couldn't find a IP. Could this be that the Xbox is using the same IP as my computer is using? Is there anyway I could fix this problem? Thanks! I hope ya'll get what I mean.:p

quads14589
02-06-2008, 05:12 PM
i kinda had the same prob, you want to use the same IP number as both comps or the comp that the internet goes through i had some computer guy do mine because mine do all f'ed up.

dpizz450
02-06-2008, 06:50 PM
i didnt really understand what you were saying :confused: i'm sure you clearly stated it but i didnt see exactly how you hooked it up. but i think you said you have a wireless router for your comps? but what i did was i had an internet cable runnin from my wall to my computer so when i wanted to play live i had to unplug it from my comp and lose internet on there and plug it into my xbox. which was aggrevating but i think your best choice if you have a little extra cash (100 bucks) is to get a wireless adapter. i didnt really wanna pay it either but i ended up having to this week when i moved into my apartment and all they have is wireless internet so i was kinda forced to if i wanted to play live. i doubt this helps but i hope it does. lol

ZeroLogic
02-06-2008, 07:17 PM
I have a wired router not a wireless so thats whats confusing you.:p

trxwannbe
02-07-2008, 08:25 AM
when you switch the ethernet cord from your comp to the xbox or back again you need to switch off you router before removing from wherever it is and then remove and plug into whichever one and turn the router back on. this will reset your ip and you'll be good to go.

beaker1214
02-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
I just got Xbox 360 live hooked up, but I came across a problem. (What else is new:ermm: ) I have a wired router and cables going to my computer, to my bros computer and to the Xbox. Right now, I can't have any internet going into my computer if I want to play on live. So pretty much when I go to play live I kill the internet on my computer and hook it up to the Xbox. When I have my computer hooked up to the internet and to the Xbox. My internet in my computer still works along with my brother's but I get an error on my Xbox saying it couldn't find a IP. Could this be that the Xbox is using the same IP as my computer is using? Is there anyway I could fix this problem? Thanks! I hope ya'll get what I mean.:p

what Kind of router do you have? such as a model? you may need to get into the router and make sure that the DHCP is enabled bc thats what issues IP addresses out for whatever device to use. sounds like the router is set up to issue just one IP address or (static). But if the computer is unplugged and just the xbox is plugged in the ip address would be issued to the 360 and it should work. But u might try right clicking on the LAN adapter under network connections and try to run the repair function (on the Computer) and this will release the adapters current Ip address and request a new one from the router.

trxwannbe
02-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by beaker1214
what Kind of router do you have? such as a model? you may need to get into the router and make sure that the DHCP is enabled bc thats what issues IP addresses out for whatever device to use. sounds like the router is set up to issue just one IP address or (static). But if the computer is unplugged and just the xbox is plugged in the ip address would be issued to the 360 and it should work. But u might try right clicking on the LAN adapter under network connections and try to run the repair function (on the Computer) and this will release the adapters current Ip address and request a new one from the router.

it doesn't matter which one is on or off because he says he using the same cable for both in which case he has to reset the router upon switching the cable from device to the other to reset the ip...but if has a multiport router all he has to do is pick up another ethernet cord (one should of come with the xbox i think because i got one with mine) and reset the router when he plugs that in and he'll be good to go from there

beaker1214
02-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by trxwannbe
it doesn't matter which one is on or off because he says he using the same cable for both in which case he has to reset the router upon switching the cable from device to the other to reset the ip...but if has a multiport router all he has to do is pick up another ethernet cord (one should of come with the xbox i think because i got one with mine) and reset the router when he plugs that in and he'll be good to go from there

Read it again..... You may notice he says

Originally posted by trxwannbe I have a wired router and cables going to my computer, to my bros computer and to the Xbox. Right now, I can't have any internet going into my computer if I want to play on live. So pretty much when I go to play live I kill the internet on my computer and hook it up to the Xbox. When I have my computer hooked up to the internet and to the Xbox. [/B]

sounds like a problem with the router issuing IP addresses, such as the address pool isnt big enough. But what would I know bc I do work and go to school for this stuff.:confused:

ZeroLogic
02-07-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm not switching the wires out. I have three different wires. One going to my computer, another going to my brothers computer and the last one goes to my Xbox. It won't work when I have my computer hooked up to the internet. When I unplug my wire going from my computer to the router and plug the wire that goes to the router to the Xbox then it works fine.

trxwannbe
02-07-2008, 07:32 PM
alright if you have the three wires then you need to call up your isp (internet service provider) and make sure that you can run that many systems with your service because with the internet i used to have i couldn't run more than 2 systems. if you should be able to run it then ask them what you need to do to make it work because right now as our friend so graciously stated your ip pool is obvioulsy not large enough.

02-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Hey guys if you want leave me your gamertag and I will send you friend requests.

07250ex
02-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic

ahh i see your problem you got an xbox instead of a ps3 see ps3 has wireless internet and there my friend is the answer to all your problems

Exrider434
02-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by 07250ex
ahh i see your problem you got an xbox instead of a ps3 see ps3 has wireless internet and there my friend is the answer to all your problems

true dat...lol:macho

ltracer91r
02-07-2008, 08:53 PM
i had the same problem with my setup..

I ended up setting up a network between all the computer(for sharing files, printer. etc.) and then having all (including Xbox) on the net, then i re-started the router and the cable modem..
WALAA problem solved.

But since then i have ditched the router and just switch the cable between the two.

beaker1214
02-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Really shouldnt have anything to do with the ISP as long as there is a high speed connection coming in then ran through a router. Most Ip addresses are local ip addresses (Thus just works behind the router and not on the internet side) and as long as there is a router that is where the problem is. There is a setting under DHCP setup that has something to do with ip pool, put in there u want a range of 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.150 which 50 ip addresses is prolly way overkill but it wont hurt anything. But as far as accessing your router you will have to type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of your browser and the login will prolly be "admin" with the password of "admin" but thats for a linksys so u will prolly need to look urs up, its really easy to find though. But this should fix ur issues if there are IP conflicts.

trxwannbe
02-08-2008, 09:13 AM
for anybody whos up for some cod4 the tag is big cupcake and yes i am good i'm gettin close to 3rd prestige with very little play time compared to most others

beaker1214
02-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by trxwannbe
for anybody whos up for some cod4 the tag is big cupcake and yes i am good i'm gettin close to 3rd prestige with very little play time compared to most others

I love that game just finished my first....beaker1214 thats my tag