PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new Trailer

QuadJunkies
02-06-2008, 10:58 AM
We are busting at the seam for more room,so I think in the next month or so we may be buying a new Box trailer.
I was wondering if there was any helpful tips ,preferences ect. that could be reccomended between all the brands that is out there.
Troy looked at a few this week and seemed to like not only the price of a brand called Interstate,but they also were lighter in weight than say the Mirage trailers were.
We are also going to buy a V nose and are looking for something in the 25-27 ft range.

We found one 07 model for $7,000 OTD with finished flooring and a few other amenties like extra lighting, a little diamond plating ect..
The one I REALLY liked was 10,000 :D which is out of my price range as Ill also being having to buy a new Truck to pull this trailer now .:ermm:

Im sooo excited!!! It will be soooo nice to have a trailer that fits 5 quads and room to spare! :blah:

parkers30
02-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Our interstate has held up better than our Haulmark has. Our interstate is a 1998 24' car hauler. I believe they called it the race package at the time, it has square corners, flat front, fully lined, had a tile floor (fell apart), box tubing everywhere and 5200lb axles. We have put 20k plus miles and it still is in pretty good shape, we bought it used from a family that raced shifter carts, so it has lots of miles.

BTW the tile floors just don't hold up in any trailer thanks to gas and other things that end up on the floor, we pulled ours and epoxied it.

QuadJunkies
02-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Troy said something about the Interstate trailers have more rivets per" " than say the Mirage ,so I guess its better constructed.

my88r
02-06-2008, 01:28 PM
buy one of these.lol

my88r
02-06-2008, 01:33 PM

FasstMidnightZ
02-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by my88r
buy one of these.lol I have a buddy who actually has one of those. We took it and some toys to gordons well; had a blast.
I HIGHLY recommend one! :D

my88r
02-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by FasstMidnightZ
I have a buddy who actually has one of those. We took it and some toys to gordons well; had a blast.
I HIGHLY recommend one! :D

did you take a few cars too..:p

FasstMidnightZ
02-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Well his has the lift in it, so we got the sand rail and a quad stuffed in it. :cool:

jherbie28
02-06-2008, 05:23 PM
buy one of these.lol

i saw one of those at a race at budds creek, a buch of dirt bike guys were in it, it had that lift thing in there with 2 07 mustangs(rouse and salleen) in it. it held something like 20 dirtbikes maybe more. it was like pimp my tractor trailer:p

BIG MONEY:macho

parkers30
02-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Troy said something about the Interstate trailers have more rivets per" " than say the Mirage ,so I guess its better constructed.

That is possible, but crawling underneath and looking at the welds, beams used, etc will give you a good idea too.

I like the way certain things are done on each trailer better, but overall the fit and finish of the Interstate seem to be a bit better. our local dealer carries several brands now, and I think he sell more Haulmarks just becuase they are cheaper.

mittman
02-06-2008, 05:59 PM
if i get time this week i'll go down to my bosses shop and take pics of his trailer i think its a 20 or 25 foot its got lights and outlets in it and even a small workbench in the front. very nice trailer/small house lol

QuadJunkies
02-07-2008, 12:12 AM
buy one of these.lol
IF I win the lotto this year Im soooooo there.....! :eek2: :D

Actually, a motorhome is REALLY what we need.

my88r
02-07-2008, 12:22 AM
having heat,air conditioning,stove,and shower is always nice.:p

wvspeedfreak
02-07-2008, 07:51 PM
QJ,we just got a 8.5x24 enclosed trailer.It is made by United Trailers.I am slowly trying to customize it to suit our needs.Trailer projects are almost as fun as quad projects...........almost :p A couple things I would look for is framing that is 16" on center,3/8" walls (some just have luan) and a seamless one piece roof.Also,whoever said the tiles don't hold up real well was correct.In this one I put tiles in the front half and used porch and floor enamel for the area the quads will be hauled in.That way when it gets scuffed too bad you can just go back over it and it looks good again.I got some decent looking cabinets at Home Depot for it too.I still have some stuff to do to it but here is what I got so far.The sofa in the front folds out into a bed so no more sleeping in a tent :)

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/wvspeedfreak/24ft5.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/wvspeedfreak/24ft4.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/wvspeedfreak/24ft3.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s106/wvspeedfreak/24ft2.jpg

my88r
02-07-2008, 07:54 PM
^^^^^^ thats nice:cool:

QuadJunkies
02-08-2008, 12:09 AM
^^^^^^ thats nice:cool:
for sure!:cool: Thats really nice!

Jason, can I ask what you paid for yours?Im not sure how much prices vary across the U.S.
We will most likely go with a V on ours ,everyone keeps telling us that they will pull better and will like the front drop door .??
Now I have to figure out how were going to find the time to get the trailer prepped!
UGH!! So little time to do in between races :scary:
lol

You gave me some great info,thanks alot! :)

metalmellinium
02-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Check out http://www.milltrailers.com/ they make some nice trailers, and Haulmark makes really nice ones too, we just got a 48ft goose neck haulmark really nice trailers!!

Premis
02-08-2008, 10:35 AM
I have a 20x8.5 enclosed United Trailer and a 44' Vintage gooseneck with living quarters (for sale). They are both great trailers but from now on, Vintage will get all of my business. The trailer not only holds up great but there customer service is AMAZING!! I picked it up from the factory in Elkhart, IN (if possible, buy it in Elkhart, it will be about 20% cheaper) now anytime I have any problem with it I just calll them and they help me. The last time I went through Elkhart I stopped by to ask them about a wrinkled piece of sheet metal. They immediately fixed it on the spot for free, I didn't even ask them to! A lot of racers use these trailers. Dana Creech bought one from them just before me, after I got mine Chad Wienen bought one from them, and now Sage Baker is picking his new Vintage up in a week. Call Todd at Vintage 574-522-2261

QuadJunkies
02-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Thanks, Ill check out both of those over the wk end .
Hows the weight comparisons?We would like to keep it on the lighter side since there will be 5 quads and 6 days worth of travel in it .Thats one thing the Interstate was good about was weight and all the rivets it has.
I think there was some kind of one year warrenty on this one Troy told me ,I just dont remember all that it had right off hand.