PDA

View Full Version : 06 king quad. Is this normal??? NEW KQ OWNER

hyperfracer
02-05-2008, 08:45 PM
I recently picked up a 2006 king quad. Ive had many quads in the passed and im an audi tech. I know a lot about engines, etc. I figured i would make a post to see if anyone has some ideas.

The quad feels like it has a carb. and doesnt have the throttle response i think it should??? If you nail the gas it sputters, bogs a little. Very little low end power. It has about 56 hours and 400 miles. It was ridden hard and has been through light mud. It has a clutch kit, and i just removed the yosh pipe and put the stock pipe on it. Anyone have a list of ideas i should check? Filter is a clean uni filter. Other then that i havnt really taken anything apart.

Let me know

firefighterjosh
02-06-2008, 05:14 PM
how long does it sputter? The kings are known to have a little lag. It will kinda sputter for a second then take off. They don't do it all the time mainly just at a dead start I noticed. Does it burn oil or anything? I would maybe run some fuel injector cleaner threw it. Also check the fuel vent line for obstruction. It is located under the left hand side of the rear fender. Also check out www.nyrocatv.com there is alot of good king quad advice on there. Its hard for me to tell you exactly what to check without really seeing it.

Also try changing the spark plug and cleaning all electrical components

hyperfracer
02-06-2008, 10:43 PM
It doesnt sputter long. But in neutral if you nail the gas, it wont rev up it will bog down. I went riding on sunday and on cold start it did smoke for a few seconds, but since then it hasnt at all. Probably have 100 miles since. I will try what you suggested and get back to you.

Thank you very much

firefighterjosh
02-07-2008, 05:15 PM
If it does it in nutreal then my guess would be you got gunk in the tank.