PDA

View Full Version : MX Workouts?

MX450
02-05-2008, 08:30 PM
What are some good workout routines for MX? Like what do I need to focus on... Im currently 140 and kinda skinny, should I try and bulk up with high weight/low reps or do I need to go like high reps low weight and get endurance/cut?? I dont have $$ for programs or trainers so I need some imput on how to do this on my own.

Thanks!

02-05-2008, 08:42 PM
some of the buffest people i know are the least in shape as far as endurance goes. try and stay lean and cut. it takes less energy to hold up 140 pounds with medium build muscles than 200+ with really built muscles. thats what im working on right now is just getting lean. as long as your riding you can build up your "riding muscles" up pretty quick. if youll notice noone running pro is really extremely bowed up. just skinny and cut.

BlaineKaiser450
02-05-2008, 08:55 PM
i ride a pump track on my mini haro (16 in.) and that gets my lower back and shoulders strong, and i dirt jump my full size bike a lot and that gets everything else strong. And to get used to speed while not having a ton of control, i ride my longboard down phat hills. For endurance, i run. As you can probly tell, i ride being outdoors on tracks of some sort lol. Right now im trying to gain weight tho, 5"9 and 125 lbs.

One_Bad_400
02-05-2008, 10:18 PM
if you're gonna lift, lift kinda light. Mountain biking is good. Most importantly: RIDE...

JRP
02-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Key is to ride. You can only get into shape so much for racing outside of the gym, and once you get there, the only way to get better and faster is to ride. I do interval cardio training on the concept 2 rowers 2x a week, and longer runs/biking 2x a week. I do chest/tri's monday, shoulders/bi's tuesday, wednesday off, back(upper and lower) on thursday, and legs on friday. When racing season comes along, it will be alot less than that, but thats what ive been doing here for the last month. The interval training will burn more fat all day long then longer bikes/runs will. I do HIIT training which involves a 1min jog pace, medium row, medium pedal, followed by a 1min all out sprint in anyform of exercise. You want a total "On"(sprint) time to be around 9-12minutes. It will kick your *** forsure! If you do it correctly on a rower, after 6minutes you will be dead. Also a big thing is a diet. No sodas, junk food, alcohol. I like to get 160-170g of protien in a day, it will build your muscels and make you stronger(if you lift). I stay away from fast food(havent had it in many months, soda(2yrs) alcohol(dont care for it) and sweets(gotta be in the right mind set). You want to get most of your carbs from fruits, almonds and vegestables, and also ur sugar should come from fruits, so its all natural. this is what my day usually looks like....

Meal 1: 5 eggs, 3 whites, 2 yoks, 2 pieces of whole grain bread with once slice having 1tsp of natural pb.

Meal 2:Apple, Banana

Meal 3: Can of tuna

Meal 4: Some deli turkey and some more fruit

Meal 5: Maybe a hand full of almonds and some chicken

Meal 6: Some kashi go lean cereal or something with alot of protien and low carbs(try not to have carbs before bed).

It keeps you full all day long, and you stay satisfied. Now cheating here and there isnt bad for you at all, it actually helps your metabolism stay high. But you dont want to do a full day of cheating, try your last meal of every sunday. It keeps you from cheating the rest of the week! If you need anything else let me know!