PDA

View Full Version : Need some pricing pappy....

JRP
02-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Well my frame(right below gas tank) cracked on both sides a while back, one side real bad, but the other not so bad. We got the one side welded up but the other side is not cracked pretty bad. I was wondering how much it would cost if we brought you my quad, and you would fix both of the cracks, gusset it(i got a bare performance 14 piece gusset) and PC the frame black. How much would it cost for all of that and what would be the time frame? Since its almost march, i really need the stuff back asap, so I was just seeing what you could do to help me out! :) Thanks ken

Pappy
02-05-2008, 05:53 PM
hit me on aim and we can discuss this further, but yes i can do it and turnaround will be good after this week

JRP
02-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
hit me on aim and we can discuss this further, but yes i can do it and turnaround will be good after this week

Your "idle" lol.
Im heading off to bed, so you can either shoot me a PM or IM me and ill get it in the morning, whatever works best for ya! Thanks alot pap!

Pappy
02-06-2008, 04:43 AM
sorry bud, i left right after posting my reply and spent the evening in the ER getting my shoulder worked on. I will be back later this afternoon so hit me when you see me on

JRP
02-08-2008, 04:31 PM
alright pappy, were gonna disassemble it here, and bring it to you monday or tuesday. Anyway you could let me know a date u think it would be done? For pc n gusset? Thanks

Pappy
02-08-2008, 06:49 PM
if its just a bare frame and sub then a week-10 days. if we are tearing down the quad and reassembling it, a guess will be 2 1/2 - 3 weeks start to finish.

JRP
02-10-2008, 04:10 PM
hey pappy, would it be any better if we got there around 11ish tomorrow? Im thinkin about not goin to school n just goin to ur place after we wake up... Also, one of my brackets broke, and its tied onto the frame where it goes by wire, just incase ur nto there when we drop it off. And where my frame cracked, on the other side its cracked too, but the guy(who built my motor 2 times ago) welded it up with a half piece of pipe, so you might wanna cut that off and do it how you would do it. Thanks alot.

*i would of IMed ya, but didnt see you on! Hope your shoulders doin alright!*

Pappy
02-10-2008, 04:29 PM
i wont be here but the wife will

JRP
02-11-2008, 02:09 PM
dropped it all off today pap. Gave bridget the gusset kit and put the frame/sub frame by your garage. Saw jasons trailer but didnt see him there....

Pappy
02-11-2008, 04:44 PM
haha I bought jasons trailer a few weeks ago:p as you can see, we have been a wee bit busy over the past few days so things were everywhere:scary:

JRP
02-11-2008, 05:08 PM
hahaha yep, i noticed that. We mapquested your house and they took us everywhere, lol, we couldn't find ur street, haha. Rolled up in there and saw about 4 quads and 3 utv's and i was like, hey dad, this must be pappys place lol. It also helped that your toy hauler was out there, hahaha.

JRP
02-13-2008, 07:07 PM
hows it commin pap? how bad was the frame, lol

Pappy
02-13-2008, 07:12 PM
havent even looked it over honestly. with the snow and ice the past two days, noone would be working (blasting) so I concentrated on getting work done that was all ready to go today. I will be welding tomorrow so yours will be on deck.

JRP
02-13-2008, 07:16 PM
havent even looked it over honestly. with the snow and ice the past two days, noone would be working (blasting) so I concentrated on getting work done that was all ready to go today. I will be welding tomorrow so yours will be on deck.

alright good deal. quick question though. Are you thinking it will be ready for pick up on saturday? My dad is leaving early next week for las vegas for a week, so saturday would be the best day to pick it up. Thanks

Pappy
02-13-2008, 07:21 PM
well, this crap on the ground sure hurt my plans this week as I know the one company that I was counting on to get you done by friday will not work until next week due to the snow and ice. The other company will handle it, but I will not get it back until next wednesday or thursday so it appears this saturday is bunk:ermm:

I sure wanted to hit the ground running today (first day working for myself) but all I am doing it seems is spinning my wheels:p I will be dropping off some parts I coated for the one stripping company tomorrow and i will do all I can to somehow get your frame blasted and if anything changes I will reply back here to let you know about this saturday but my gut tells me its wishfull thinking.

JRP
02-13-2008, 07:28 PM
well, this crap on the ground sure hurt my plans this week as I know the one company that I was counting on to get you done by friday will not work until next week due to the snow and ice. The other company will handle it, but I will not get it back until next wednesday or thursday so it appears this saturday is bunk:ermm:

I sure wanted to hit the ground running today (first day working for myself) but all I am doing it seems is spinning my wheels:p I will be dropping off some parts I coated for the one stripping company tomorrow and i will do all I can to somehow get your frame blasted and if anything changes I will reply back here to let you know about this saturday but my gut tells me its wishfull thinking.

dang alright, well anything you can do to get it ready by saturday or sunday, i would REALLY appreciate it! I really want to race not this weekend but the following weekend for my first race so even if I need to pay some more, lol, ill do it! Thanks ken!

Pappy
02-13-2008, 07:31 PM
i will do all I can, unfortunatley money isnt the issue with getting metal stripped:p

JRP
02-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Hey pap, how much would it cost to ship my frame/sub frame back to my mechanics house for him to put it all backtogether. The zip code would be 22407. It costs around 80-100 bucks in gas to ur house, so what do you think? Like if its gonna be done saturday or sunday, we will pick it up, but if not, shipping it is our next option.

Pappy
02-15-2008, 12:58 PM
$45

good lord man, what are you all driving that sucks fuel that bad:p

JRP
02-15-2008, 01:01 PM
$45

good lord man, what are you all driving that sucks fuel that bad:p

is that 2day shipping? and the escalade, lol. Its horrible man. It takes mid grade, and thats only like 2.95 here. Its like 8-9 miles a gallon, maybe 10-11. With the trailer, hell, we would be lucky to get 7.:grr: Main reason why we can't do all the nationals, lol

Pappy
02-15-2008, 01:04 PM
from here to there would be a 1 day ship

JRP
02-15-2008, 01:08 PM
from here to there would be a 1 day ship

damn even better, lol. Are you thinking it wont be done till next week sometime? If its done this weekend, we will come get it from ya, but if not, then shipping will be the best bet. Thanks ken

Pappy
02-15-2008, 01:18 PM
I have a call into the one company that will strip your frame to see what his schedule will be like for the first part of next week. A geuss will be that on tuesday I can drop it off and wait for it, then coat it that day. I will be gusseting it probably this evening seeing it will be among a few others that are all heading the same direction yours is.

JRP
02-15-2008, 01:23 PM
I have a call into the one company that will strip your frame to see what his schedule will be like for the first part of next week. A geuss will be that on tuesday I can drop it off and wait for it, then coat it that day. I will be gusseting it probably this evening seeing it will be among a few others that are all heading the same direction yours is.

alright cool. Ill get dave's(mechanics) address and send it to ya. It would be the best situtation, he could get it wednesday or thursday and have it together the next day.

JRP
02-15-2008, 01:27 PM
oh and i dont know if i mentioned it or not, but on one side of my frame, where it cracked before, this guy put a piece of pipe over it to make it stronger, my dad wants you to cut it off and make it look nice, he said if it would cost more thats alright. But he wants it to look normal, lol. Thanks

Pappy
02-15-2008, 06:37 PM
i cleaned up that area that was previously repaired and re welded it(wasnt a very good weld) removing it isnt a good idea simply because it will further weaken that area.

then i repaired the other 9 cracks you did not see and added the gusset kit.

do your frame a favor, dont come up short no more and get a chassis skid plate....the left side peg area was cracked clean through

JRP
02-15-2008, 09:23 PM
i cleaned up that area that was previously repaired and re welded it(wasnt a very good weld) removing it isnt a good idea simply because it will further weaken that area.

do your frame a favor, dont come up short no more and get a chassis skid plate....the left side peg area was cracked clean through

damn, all i gotta say, lol. I dont know when i would of came up short, havent cased anything in a long time, but alright, ill make sure i click up one more gear, lol. Thanks pap

Scro
02-16-2008, 11:55 AM

:eek2: :eek2: Damn...now see if you were easy on quads like me you wouldn't have to worry about cracked frames:D

Pappy
02-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Scro
:eek2: :eek2: Damn...now see if you were easy on quads like me you wouldn't have to worry about cracked frames:D

liar liar!!!:devil:

JRP
02-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Scro

HAHAHAHA dustin u crack me up:blah:

dopeyferree
02-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Jordan, After pappy finding that many cracks, you need to find you another frame, send it to pappy for some pc and keep it in the garage for a spare.

TWISTED
02-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by dopeyferree
Jordan, After pappy finding that many cracks, you need to find you another frame, send it to pappy for some pc and keep it in the garage for a spare.

Might wanna think about another quad..........

JRP
02-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Might wanna think about another quad..........

We're looking, just havent found anything. If we get one, its probably already going to be built. Save money. So if you know of anyone, let me know :)

Pappy
02-16-2008, 09:56 PM
i wouldnt be immediatley worried, but i would be on the look out for a spare.

TWISTED
02-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by JRP
We're looking, just havent found anything. If we get one, its probably already going to be built. Save money. So if you know of anyone, let me know :)

Buy a new one and build it...... Bought somebody's junk before.... Been there and done that, won't again........

Pappy
02-17-2008, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Buy a new one and build it...... Bought somebody's junk before.... Been there and done that, won't again........

amen to that. ive seen a ton of "built" quads that ended up needing way more then what the buyer thought no matter how "pretty" or "hooked up with high end parts" they were.

cracks in a honda frame are as common as flies at a BBQ, infact I usually can ruin a riders day just by taking a quick peek and pointing them out...lol

my advice, grab up a spare frame, have it gusseted and ready to roll. when the time is right swap it out, re coat and repair any new cracks and coat it, then ebay it. even with the cracks JRP had, ive seen way worse and know of worse that were repaired and are still running in pro and pro am all over the country:p

now that JRP runs a good suspension, is a better rider and will know where to keep an eye on once he leaves here, i expect no problems for him.

JRP
02-18-2008, 07:00 PM
so tomorrow is the day my frame turns black on me, lol, can't wait!:p

Pappy
02-19-2008, 05:44 PM

JRP
02-19-2008, 05:45 PM

whoohoooo! :D Looks awsome ken! Thank you tons! lol

TWISTED
02-19-2008, 05:54 PM
That's not really yours... Yours is a light shade of peach.....