PDA

View Full Version : Good Deal or ?

TJ Bradley
02-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Im fixing to buy an 05 450R and i was just wandering if it was a good buy for what the guys askin... lemme know what ya think. heres the list of mods

Chassis...
Frame: Stock
A arms: JB? +3 LT
swingarm: JB ( i think) + .5 LT (Gt thunder linkage)
Stem: walsh + 1.5
Bars: Tag
Shocks: custom axis front and rear
Ac pro peg nerfs

Engine..
ported. bigger exhaust and intake valves.
HRC cam
JE 14:1 piston
Rev box

The motor is fresh.. well its being rebuit right now. it wasnt blown or anything he is just gonna go thru it before i get it. the quads going to have brand new plastic on it with my choice of color. =). It's been took care of... as far as the mateinance and stuff goes.

But hes askin $6600 for it.. Good deal??

bloodmoney23
02-05-2008, 05:21 PM
have to see bike. it could be depending on how all the bearings are and what the frame looks like and mainly wether it looks beat to hell or not.

TJ Bradley
02-05-2008, 06:28 PM
its nice, ive seen it. dont have any pics tho. It seems to be well taken care of. hes puttin it back together right now for a practice bike untill he gets a new 08 for this season. I just dont kno if its a steal or not. I couldnt build one like it for that cost i dont think.

O yea it has a +4 axcalibur adjustable axle to. not that thats makes a difference. i just realized i left it out. lol

But you think thats a pretty good deal?

bloodmoney23
02-05-2008, 06:48 PM
well it does have about 3500 in suspension alone if not more.....its not a steal but its still a good deal. if ya got the money to buy it i would. there are a couple around here full suspension and some bolt on mods at about 4500. ill send ya some info on them if ya want. it all depends on where you are located.

d3ktrix
02-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Average price for a used race bike.
All depends on the condition.

Was the port work done by a good place?
And look over the frame really well. You don't want to be working on it one day after u buy it and find some horrible weld/crack.

TJ Bradley
02-05-2008, 07:15 PM
i live in western north carolina. right beside western carolina university is if you know where that is. It wouldnt be out of the question for me to drive somewhere for a bike if the price is right. what kind of bolt on mods you talkin about? and what kind of suspension?

TJ Bradley
02-05-2008, 07:19 PM
o D3 the port work I THINK was done by TC racing possibly. i cant really remember exactly what he said. and i have looked at over the frame and doesnt seem to be and bends or breaks anywhere.