View Full Version : shamokin/mtcarmel

RoadRage77
02-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Has anybody had any problems with the cops in the trails up there ? I wrote something in the Treverton thread about my run in.... I was just wondering if things are getting roughen up. Keeps up its gonna be time to sell these quads or move out to Glamis but i hate heat.... Anyways, let me know if you guys had problems. And no i wont tell you exactly where it happened at...

BigAl73
03-31-2008, 06:44 PM
I havn't had any trouble at Treverton or the surrounding areas. I don't drive on the roads (only cross) just trails and I've been up 3 times this year drove all the way to the bank that you can see Marion Hights and Kulmont about 1 air mile away. I think RT 901 is just below the coal bank. What kind of trouble are you talking about? Are they coming onto the trails or are they looking for quads crossing the road or what is it?
Big Al

RoadRage77
04-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Just wondering if the cops are patrolling the trails on quads or 4x4s at all.. Especially since reading ant. is selling passes. Which I dont mind buying, but I dont have time to go there in person. Which really sucks, they could make a lot of money if they would offer unlimitied passes and online ordering for passes.

boosted3g
04-05-2008, 06:24 PM
We have rode the trails in shamokin for at least 20 years and never had any problems (well me about 10 my dad much longer). I was in york county just last week and the cops did have quads. I ran into the same cop before riding the railroad beds along the river on the lancaster side.

Barrymaxx
04-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Yes, we had trouble in the ashland area, which is very close to shamokin. Some people that I ride with have been asked to leave at shamokin before too...

It is so hard to find a place to ride. Its really bumming me out, I dont even ride anymore because im afraid of getting caught. The main thing is parking. If you have a good parking sopt, your golden.

RoadRage77
04-30-2008, 09:25 PM
Yikes... where in Ashland did they get caught... was the cops on quads or in cars/suvs??? OR PM ME... if I cant ride here anymore my **** might be up for sale...

boosted3g
05-03-2008, 08:44 PM
I was up in White Haven today and met a cop on a 700 Raptor. He let me slide since im from Lancaster and dont know the area but he told us that a guy on an atv ran a cop over last weekend while trying to bust them and now they are going to seriously crack down on things. Between that bit of stupidity and the trash in the woods is rediculous. I have never seen such a trash hole in my entire life, and we wonder why we cant ride there. Its a shame because there are alot of good trails up there.

speedyracer
05-05-2008, 04:28 AM
Our atv club rides these areas every weekend & NO problems .:) We don't blast near a residential area or business . In Trevorton we even ease along the berm just a short distance & across the bridge to eat at the local restaraunt & no one seems to care . Sure a few atver's BLAST up the highway & those get the locals upset & then they call the cops. Pa. DCNR rules allow us to cross at a 90 degree angle to access a trail or even along the berm for a short distance to access a trail. DON'T blast down the highway or spin gravel onto the highway where cars throw up those stones & cause stones chips or broken windows from your roost.
The best thing we can do to insure future riding freedom is to be a good steward & lead by example. ;)
WE also get our RAC permits in Pottsville, Pa. to give us access to 1,000's of acres & many places to legally park & ride from. $100/year is a small price to pay to not be worried about are you LEGAL or NOT???????
RIDE SAFE & HAVE FUN!!!