PDA

View Full Version : reliablity

realchosen1
02-05-2008, 02:26 PM
How reliable are the TYphoon 90?
Had a few tell me buyer beware...

RTJ
02-05-2008, 10:14 PM
i had 2 90's that me and my dealer fooled with for a year . never rode either one without problems finally got a 125 never rode it got it to run and sold it. lost a ton of money but gained a lesson

lem dad
02-06-2008, 04:41 AM
I don't understand all the bad luck to date other than bolts looose no trouble we also race with a girl that has 70 and 125 no trouble at all I would buy another one but if you do buy an xtreme not a copy keep the oil changed check the valves once in a while clean filter and check bolts I had to do the with any two stroke sure these quads have some bugs but from being around mini quads for 5 years or so they all do don't let anyone tell you different
Lemdad

Dylan 03
Rowlands Motorsports
Scott , Evs

Jaybird
02-06-2008, 07:13 AM
They are a good design but they tend to fall apart. If you like to tinker I guess it's OK. We have broke the subframe, both front shocks, clutch, crank(replaced with a Lifan 140), heim joints on lower a-arm, axle bearings, electric starter sprocket and chain (which took out the stator), and it needs swingarm bushings and upper ball joints.

This is with a 65 lb 8 year old. He rides hard but this is supposed to be a "sport" ATV.
Brian