PDA

View Full Version : Dirty carb?

fofity
02-05-2008, 10:57 AM
I've only ridden my Kfx a few times this summer so i took it out this weekend and it ran great for about 2-5 mins then just started to bog down and back fire a few times like it was running out of gas even though the tank was full so i just let it die then started back up a couple minutes later and it ran fine again for a couple of minutes and did the same thing. Is this caused by a dirty carb? and if so is there anyway to clean it without taking the carb apart because the screws are stripped.

cataway
02-05-2008, 02:30 PM
having dirt some were is my best guess, i would like to think its at the float needle valve . and yes the carb will have to come off , more so to get the bad screws out .
some thing i would check first is to pull the gas line off the carb ,turn to prime ,do you get a good flow of gas? or for that matter does the quad run with the fuelvalve on prime ?

as for the screws your going to have to have new ones ,get the type of screw that uses a allen wrench. stainless steel screws are the best but not absolutely necessary. get 7 of them 4 for the
bowl 3 for the throttle cover plate.