mxracer89
11-16-2002, 07:14 PM
what is the differince in pro and pro-am

trx400ex
11-16-2002, 07:23 PM
one is for really good, one is for really really good

tprender
11-17-2002, 07:53 AM
And sometimes riders who have real big heads.

Sick0
11-17-2002, 02:14 PM
I think its means any body above novice can race. So if you a novice you can race against doug gust and mike walsh. I think its a pretty cool thing.

NTPRacing#19
11-17-2002, 02:32 PM
you got the Pro class, then Pro-Am stands for PRO AMATUER.

mxracer89
11-17-2002, 06:44 PM
so if i wont to i can race the pro-am race at the nationals and i am not a novice. so it is like the next step after the a class

racerx573
11-17-2002, 07:33 PM
It's pretty much the next after A. Pro's and Amateurs can race in it. I know a lot of pros will enter it for practice, and some pro's compete in it throughout the whole series.

11-18-2002, 01:04 PM
But remember you have to still qualify to race in the pro am class.,,Don't expect to show up and line up against Walsh, or Farr or whoever. YOu might travel 5 hours to race in the pro-am class and not even qualify to race in a moto..race at the level your good at..:D

Extremeracer167
11-18-2002, 01:56 PM
that and i think Pro-am pays. THats why alot of the time u will see the pros out there. Im pretty sure they pay back a little bit in tha class, but not positive

tprender
11-18-2002, 02:58 PM
At the GNC MX and TT races to ride in the Pro-Am class all that you have to do in pay the $80 entree fee. If you do ride in this class you must then only ride in the A class, ages, or the Pro class for the rest of the year. This Pro-Am class is a very hard class. The way the the classes go is Pro, P-A, A, B,and C. at the nationals. At some races or most MX events there will be more than 20 people in the class so you will have to quailfty for the main moto on Sunday. The 1st moto or heat will be on Sat. There are some very good riders in this class the past few years. The class does pay back 80%.

11-18-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by tprender
At the GNC MX and TT races to ride in the Pro-Am class all that you have to do in pay the $80 entree fee. If you do ride in this class you must then only ride in the A class, ages, or the Pro class for the rest of the year. This Pro-Am class is a very hard class. The way the the classes go is Pro, P-A, A, B,and C. at the nationals. At some races or most MX events there will be more than 20 people in the class so you will have to quailfty for the main moto on Sunday. The 1st moto or heat will be on Sat. There are some very good riders in this class the past few years. The class does pay back 80%.

So ta sum it up in a nutshell. IF you question your ability to ride in a Pro-Am class then ya might wanna find another class to race in. Kinda the same theory of,,if you have to ask how much it cost then ya can't afford it..:D

R-Crazy
11-18-2002, 07:49 PM
then how do you go pro?

dave

tprender
11-18-2002, 08:21 PM
To run in the Pro class it costs $110. As of right now there is no pro lincese, but that might or will change in the future. You will then be watch in pratice the day before. If you are not making the jumps. If you are not riding up to speed with the rest of the riders, you will be tlked to about not being in the correct class at the GNC MX race.