PDA

View Full Version : ltz 400 front end lowering ??

johnafun
02-05-2008, 03:28 AM
i had lowerd my 06 z400 using the crj kits . but after the angle change to the front shocks i have been unable to adjust my front suspension to my needs. it has become stiff as hell. weve backed out the springs as much as possible and turned the compression all the way out and the rebound is usless till i can get it to compress corectly. any NON costly suggestions? i was thinking if theyre was diferent shocks i could buy such as shorter shocks elimenating the crj and going back to the origenal angle.or someone who sells a shorter spring. on a street bike to lower the front shocks is a matter of an after market spacer that is fitted inside the fork tubes.

ltz440rider
02-05-2008, 04:27 PM
were you hitting jumps with it???

johnafun
02-05-2008, 04:37 PM
ya i hit the jumps but there nothing to brag about. maby a max of 15 long and catching 4-6 feet of air. the jumps arnt beating me up its the ruts. so are you getting at the possabilety i bent my shocks on a landing with the angle of the shocks?

ltz440rider
02-05-2008, 06:04 PM
not saying that is why but it is deffinitly a possibility i think

johnafun
02-05-2008, 10:54 PM
ya i do believe that is truely a posabilety.but the problem acord as soon as i installed them. theyre a bit better then after installation now that weve adjusted them all the way around but weve run out of adjustment room. i do alot of flat track with small jumps involved. alot of peaple make good sugestions but by the time you buy all theyre exellent suggestions we could of bought another 4wheeler such as a 450 wich i already own an LTR .just looking to beef up my 400 without building a whole new quad. its like im at a thresh hold of decisions .do i raise it back up,get my suspension back and roll it in the corners.or beat myself to death with bad suspension but can run with the 450's. i have 13 toth front sprocket 170 jeting no air box lid hmf slip on and rev box using ltr oem bars and crj lowering kit. now thats a cheap way to catch a stock 450.LOL.