PDA

View Full Version : All sorts of problems!!!

Nickyboy
02-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Hi I'm new here lol.. I have had my 03 Pred for a little under a year. After the first time hopping on one I couldnt buy any other quad. Only problem is I bought the first one I went to look at. So right now I'm trying to fix all the little things wrong with it. EVERYTHING!! Only problem is I'm low on funds $$$$ been out of work for a while and now I wont get tax money back I gotta pay uncle sam

Im trying to replace the wheel bearings but cannot get the hubs off they're pretty much stuck on.

I blew the rear shock line on the woops this summer, got a line made at the hydraulics shop I got it filled but there is still a little "bounce" to it. its very slight its do-able. I have the manual but was wondering if there is someone that rebuilds them or just let it go.

There is a fracture on the frame in the "infamous" spot right in front of the head mount ontop of the frame. It doesnt look too critical but how long will this hunk of crap hold up or should it be delt with asap . To fix I will it using pipe and notching it around the bolt

The person who owned it rode in sand and some nasty mud that pretty much stained the motor this tan color anyone have any tricks to clean it crap off lol??

Im so close to selling this thing and getting an 05!!

smokinwrench
02-05-2008, 06:35 AM
The bounce is more then likely because the shock needs charged with nitrogen. A few shops around here will charge them for free or a very low price anyway.

Are the wheel bearings out? Should be able to put a small puller on them to remove them. Make sure you put the nut back on to protect the threads.

Yes get it welded back up soon as possible.

Buy some engine degreaser and let it soak then clean it off with some super fine steel wool.

browng31
02-05-2008, 06:55 AM
Sounds like my '03, different problems but problems still, I have wheel bearings but I haven't put them in yet, I've had problems with the eletcrical system, the one way gear on the flywheel, a few other things, but I think I finally have it fixed, but you never know, I've owned mine since July and I've got a total of about 40 minutes on it. When they run though, they're a good bike, at least I think so, it's been so long...

Bradracer18
02-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Like stated....for the engine, find some type of engine degreaser, and work it in with some steel wool. Then was with pressure. Then, if cleaner, polish it up with some aluminum polish

As for the hubs...maybe use a mallet. The bearings are pressed in, so you need a press to get them out(and replace)

For the shock line...did you use a braided line again, to replace it? Did you re-route the line, so it can't be broken?? If you want it fixed, go to www.wiigstyleracing.com and call him! He is doing a ton of predator stuff now-a-days, and a good kid!!

Also, for more info....join www.predatorowners.com

Nickyboy
02-05-2008, 05:39 PM
The hub is accually stuck on the spindle...

As for the shock I did get a steelbraided line , I understand it needs 300 psi on nitro. But and to fill it I had the line hooked to the shock and had someone hold thother end of the line in a cup of shock fuild as a push up and down on the tail section of the quad until no air came out. so who knows if its full.

Oh yeah on the oil return line that runs from the right hand side of the motor to the resevior the barb fitting is really close to the rear brake master cylinder like is turn downward, is the barb able to be turned up so it clears the brake or is it solid I dont want to break it ya kno?

I have already joined predatorowners.com but still awaiting confirmation and also started using steelwool and degreaser to clean it just was hoping that there was some magical cleaner out there lol

As for browng yea I have wiring problems too the kid who owned it before my hacked away at it, No key ignition all sorts of butt connectors all bull**** so i bought an 05 conplete wiring harness Im going to make it work for the 03. Just remember if you plan on splicing wires always sodier them and use heat shrink... Always a better connection than crimp connections!!

Thanks!!