PDA

View Full Version : Looking for exhaust info

bones7977
02-04-2008, 06:22 PM
I have been looking for exhaust and jet kit for my 2007 400ex and my gfs 2006 honda 400 rancher. I have been on site after site and each company says thier pipe is the best. Can anyone give me thier opinion. slip on or full system? I am looking for the best bang for the buck and need to stay within forestry regs, spark arrester.

02-04-2008, 06:35 PM
HMF!!! Deffinately the best bang for the buck exhaust. On the 400ex its second best to Curtis Sparks which is number 1. They have a spark arrestor and if you want to lower the dB theres a quiet core

02-09-2008, 12:55 AM
cobra

John451
02-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Well If it's more power and throttle response the full system should be good because they widen the header according to the silencer so it makes the perfect match and gives better all around HP. So they basically give the headpipe less restriction and back pressure so the silencer can put it back in the right quantatie. So it gives it more low end through the rpms and the silencer gives it more high end adding hp through the whole rpm range. But it's ok to get the slip on but you'll prob get better results with the full. And There's this AWESOME one where it runs a pipe down either side with 2 silencers. SO MUCH MORE POWER!! But of course those are like $600-900.