PDA

View Full Version : Long travel shock question

blacknblue#2
02-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Hey guys, I have a set of TCS long travel on my 450R. I have got to ride on these shocks several times but only on indoor tracks where nothing is great big. When i first put these shocks on i thought i set really low but i just went with it. After riding them a few times it seemed like something was wrong, they landed decent but when i hit jumps it seem like it took alot, Like on 60 or so feet jumps it seemed like it was takin all i had on the rev limiter to get over them and ive jumped stuff bigger than this on my old standard travel elkas. Well so one of my buddies suggested maybe the springs were set too soft like they were soakin up all the impact on the face of the jump. So i tightened the springs down 5 turns. It sets real good now but i wont get to go to a track till saturday. My main concern question is on my top spring. It almost completely colapsed now when the quad is setting there, and when you pict up on the they do open up some but not a whole lot. Is this pretty normal???

400exrider707
02-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Yes it's completely normal for a ZPS style shock to sag like that. That's what makes it ZPS, it should sag. If you're concerned about it riding right, send them out to be set up for your weight and riding style.