View Full Version : Any one else have this problem?

bloodmoney23
02-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Well my buddy just got his 08 LTR450. Nice bike i like them, but im a honda guy. Anyway, we went to the track and his exhaust fell off from the header back. Anyone else have a problem with the stock bolts just falling out? I mean his bike was only 5 days old when this happened. I have personally never seen this until now. Or would that be dealer defect? Im not sure exactly how much they have to assemble at the dealer but i know they have to assemble some. they are also starting to give him a run around at the dealer that it takes more time for warranty to go through......isnt the manufacturer warranty good on bike the second you buy it?!?! even if you buy a extended warranty?

quadmonkey
02-04-2008, 06:19 PM
I haven't heard of that problem before. I have 3 2008's sitting in my garage and no problems like that. Same goes for the 3 2006's that we had before that.

Just for clarification though. Did the studs fall out of the block, or did the nuts back off of the studs?

Drewltr450
02-04-2008, 06:27 PM
this is common on any bike it doesnt happen to a ton of people but it happenes sometimes a good way to prevent this is 2 put 2 nuts on each stud and tighten them both down it will solve it it did for me

SCUDA
02-06-2008, 11:13 AM
The dealer gets them allready assysbled....They simply attatch the hanldebar & frt brake lever.....

bosshogg1
02-12-2008, 09:55 AM
they told me when i got my bike to check over everything take some time to look over it it would help you in the long run

djeurink
02-18-2008, 07:20 PM
that happened to my buddies YZF450. my 08se runs great!

johnafun
03-03-2008, 03:58 AM
probs like that should be expected when buying a new motorcycle of anykind. just new stuff getting shook up and broke in plus lazy M-Fers at the factory or the dealership(in your case thats a factory issue) if nothing was broke.to hell with getting it warentied just put it back on and tighten it yourself.

really sucked when i was riding my brand new 07 gsxr1000 off the lot and the handle bars dropped and inch and slid foward by the time i got home. out of spite i took it back to the dealer and made the assembler go through and torq to spec everything . i think he got fired or quit shortly after that *** chewing.