PDA

View Full Version : Help with fi light

lilyamaharacer4
02-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Today was the first time this ever happened and my fi light came on and stayed on and after reading what josh said i went out and checked after it was parked for 2 hours and it wasnt on so was it just overheating or is there some other problem

firefighterjosh
02-04-2008, 05:21 PM
How new is your quad? Mine did it off and on fora bout 200 miles until it was good and broke in.

If not you may have a over heating problems

lilyamaharacer4
02-04-2008, 08:16 PM
it is a 2005 that we bought used with only 600 miles it is a bout 970s or somewhere in that range for mileage

firefighterjosh
02-04-2008, 08:26 PM
My guess is you where over heating. Mine overheated a few times during races.

Since then I have flushed and filled my radiator with Engine Ice and have installed a switch for the fan. I installed the switch into the thermostat wires so the fan will automatically turn on when needed and I could do it manually.

Easiest way I have found to clean the kings radiator is to just pop off the front plastic bumper guard. Then you can get a hose in there very easy. I ussually use a pressure washer on a low setting and just go real slow back and forth. Then I squirt some of this foamy soap stuff on it then do it again till I see no more dirt coming out from behind the rad