PDA

View Full Version : ktm520 full race quad

dietz
02-04-2008, 05:05 PM
well im just going to start this thread out fresh again... i'm selling my beloved ktm520 hybrid. I decided to take a couple years from racing and go to school for diesel mechanic so i could really use the money right now. i have put a lot of time and money into this so please no low balling with the offers... i have put well over the 5500 into it, like a lot well over:eek2: .

give me your email address if youd like more pics..

: ktm520 hybrid that i biult last winter. the motor is in a 400ex chassi.

mods:
moded 400ex frame for ktm 520 motor, fabrication done by prof welder
custom flip top subframe
axis lt front shocks
houser +3 a-arms and extended tie-rods
galfer +2 brake lines
lsr +1 stem
tag bars and pad
quad tech hood
gripper seat cover
lsr +1 1/4 swinger & carrier
rebiult rear shock by elka
lsr +4 axle
champion rear beadlocks with holeshot mxr6's
baja front wheels with holeshot mxr6's
tether
fcr carb
... i know theres more, weve gone over it and the only thing stock really are the hubs and the calipers. it runs good and the suspension feels good. i live in southeast mn and can meet it close enough.

Kennethyfz450
02-04-2008, 05:39 PM
No promises , but i've been looking at this quad for a while. Would you be willing to do a partial trade plus a RM-250..

I can't promise anything ,but i'm interested.

What year is the 525 motor?
Do you have the 400ex frame vin number
Do you have any kind of paper work on the build? Who was the welder ? Anything left undone that may cause problems later?
is the bearings, ball joints, chain in good shape?

dietz
02-05-2008, 02:47 PM
ok i will try to get anwers for all your questions

What year is the 525 motor?
i believe it is an 01 or an 02 motor so it is the 520 but from what ive heard there is really no diff.

Do you have the 400ex frame vin number?
i will have to look when i am out at the shop the next time. i remember that it was there before all the fabricating but honda didnt really do the best on putting the numbers on so no promises that it is still there

Do you have any kind of paper work on the build?
what do you mean by paper work? i think i may be able to find a recite from houser for bearings and seals and maybe for the pcing but i will have to look

Who was the welder?
it was a buddy of mine that i graduated with, he works at a local welding shop, winona welding... he was one welding on all the railroad tracks after all the flooding and he has done 4 other frames... no derailed trains or broken frames yet lol..:D

Anything left undone that may cause problems later?
um nothing undone but i was going to have a brace welded in at the swingarm mount the next time i was going to tare it down but it can go without just fine...

is the bearings, ball joints, chain in good shape?
new bearings, couple replaced ball joints, and a new chain!!!

let me know if i did not anwer anything the way you wanted and i guess lets see some pics of the 250 and how much were you thinking on throwing in