PDA

View Full Version : power commander map??

lilguy450
02-04-2008, 03:48 PM
hey hows it going guys does anyone have a map for a pc that would work with these mods.....

Rossier 14:1 HC piston
Dasa RACE cams
mild clean up port job
K and N intake without airbox
Rossier full exhaust pipe

thanks i need a map before presidents so what ever you have that might work id appreciate it thanks again

yfzrider310
02-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Whats the point of having fuel injection if you have to map it all the time. But yea get a hold of your exhaust company and they should be able to tell you what you need. Im sure they do a bunch of testing on this type of stuff.

05Z400rdr
02-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by yfzrider310
Whats the point of having fuel injection if you have to map it all the time. But yea get a hold of your exhaust company and they should be able to tell you what you need. Im sure they do a bunch of testing on this type of stuff.

That's the same thing as asking, "What's the point of having a carburetor, if you have to change the jets all the time?" The fuel injection eases the use of changing your fuel etc on your quad without having to tear down a carb. For example, with the PCIII, just plug it on to your computer, and then you can put a new map on it in seconds. The only reason lilguy450 can't just do that is because he has certain mods that aren't listed in a pre-made map for the PCIII.

Hey lilguy450, I'm not sure if you did or didn't already, but check over at ltr450 hq, there is a good chance that somebody over there will be able to hook you up! :cool:

Good luck man.

Landon

yfzrider310
02-04-2008, 05:22 PM
yea im sure its easier but everyone thinks that fuel injection the maintence free add whatever you want to it without out worry. I think Ill stay with my carb so I dont have to buy and expensive programmer.

05Z400rdr
02-04-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm not sure who thinks that, but in all reality, there shouldn't be anything left maintenence free on a quad. That's your opinion, and that's fine. You won't have to worry about that anyway as long as you always own something with a carb and not EFI.

yfzrider310
02-04-2008, 05:39 PM
haha Well thats what my friend thinks about his ltr. Anyway im not trying to make you mad and there is times were I wish I had fuel injection but its to much $$$ for me at least lol.

05Z400rdr
02-04-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm not sure who thinks that, but in all reality, there shouldn't be anything left maintenence free on a quad. That's your opinion, and that's fine. You won't have to worry about that anyway as long as you always own something with a carb and not EFI.

05Z400rdr
02-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Haha, yeah that's cool man, I'm not trying to start anything either. And the PCIII isn't the cheapest thing in the world either.. lol

jherbie28
02-07-2008, 02:38 PM
its cheap compared to the yosh set up where you have to run both boxes for almost $300 a piece, the dynojet is half the price and just as good.

landon i ordered mine today $325

05Z400rdr
02-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Yeah, the yosh is outrageous! And by the way it looks, I most likely won't be riding this weekend :( ....still no front end!!! :mad:

jherbie28
02-07-2008, 05:05 PM
that sucks dude, sorry to hear that

rob-u/21
02-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by lilguy450
hey hows it going guys does anyone have a map for a pc that would work with these mods.....

Rossier 14:1 HC piston
Dasa RACE cams
mild clean up port job
K and N intake without airbox
Rossier full exhaust pipe

thanks i need a map before presidents so what ever you have that might work id appreciate it thanks again

With those kind of mods, you should look into geting your LT-R Dynoed and get the a specific map that is custom to your quad and mods. Most of the maps I've seen are for quads with just an exhaust and filter. With all the mods you have it would be worth getting it dynoed. Plus, you get to see what kind of numbers your motor package has.