PDA

View Full Version : Riding in Michigan??

Honda5
11-16-2002, 05:58 PM
Has anyone been to Michigan and can anyone tell us where to stay and what it is like? We have a camper and planning on camping close to ride.

LogLeeper
11-18-2002, 02:32 PM
honda5 , There are over 3100 miles of LEGAL trails to ride in Michigan. you can go to www.miatvassoc.com and click on michigan trails link to find all the trails of the upper and lower peninsula you will ever need......(lengths, location, types) . i worked in Annapolis years back and It'll take you 12 hours to get to the Gladwin trail system ( not the best just the closest from Detroit :) ) , plenty of mud and water (and whoops) in the spring time though !!!!

My advice would be to hit a trail around the Grayling/Mio area ....

good luck and Happy Hunting, oh ya trails are MOSTLY SAND

mcnugget22
10-30-2008, 11:26 PM
michigan is a big state . depends on where you plan on going. if your going to the up then youll been gloves and shorts.. ahha.. weather changes on a dime.. but if your going the go to the upper peninsula let me know if your still planning a trip..

bbender85
11-12-2008, 09:54 AM
if you can wait until april 1st, the dunes are a great place to ride.

Silver Lake Sand Dunes (http://www.silverlakeforum.com)

omeeomy
01-10-2009, 08:19 AM
booooooooo koooooooooo amounts of trails
come on up and have fun
some places even opened up roads to get into some towns

3or4HONDA
01-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Recently a law has passed to allow northern counties (mostly north of M-57) to allow atv's on county roads once the road commission has designated them as such. also go to fishweb.com and click on the atv link and that will also give you the trail systems in michigan. i highly suggest silver lake as it is a great place to camp and ride. the lake is beautiful and the dunes are a blast, a great vacation spot! also their are nice open high speed trails near the indian river. i camp at burt lake state park every year and always take my quad, the trail head is within 10 minutes and is another great place to camp and ride. this will be a little longer drive for you since it is near the mackinaw bridge but a beautiful area and plenty of places to camp on the lakes.

Latemodel32
01-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Here is the DNR site for trail's

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_15070-38330--,00.html

When not racing we like to go up to Baldwin nice wide trails