PDA

View Full Version : How to groove turf tammers?

paulbaril
02-04-2008, 01:53 PM
I have a set of turf tammers I got used at a swap meet for my 86r and I want to groove them to get some traction, but I can't find any pictures or instrucions. I some one had a link or pictures I could look at so i could replicate, it would be great
Thanks

312R1
02-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Here is a picture of some..I used horse huf trimmers..I'll post a pic of the tool if you would like..You can find them at tractor supply.

atvmxr
02-04-2008, 03:48 PM
horse hoof trimers here also. I cut mine the opposite of 312's. meaning where you see the groups of 2 remaining on each row, i cut off and leave the ones that 312 cut. I have also seen them where you cut the 4 center ones on every other row.

honda380
02-04-2008, 06:05 PM
i used a razor knife. the one that holds a razorblade straight accross so as to scrape. it was a pain with that! but me and a buddy did it and it worked. i did a pattern similar to the ones above. i would stick to a pattern like that, seems like they would wear out faster if you cut an entire row out or something. just my advice. Corey

honda380
02-04-2008, 06:11 PM
i used a razor knife. the one that holds a razorblade straight accross so as to scrape. it was a pain with that! but me and a buddy did it and it worked. i did a pattern similar to the ones above. i would stick to a pattern like that, seems like they would wear out faster if you cut an entire row out or something. just my advice. Corey

paulbaril
02-05-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks. I'll find something to cut the tires with. 312 thanks for the pic and that is a sick r.
Paul