PDA

View Full Version : Dee @ Rage Is Awesome

mx4christ
02-04-2008, 09:47 AM
I wanted to take the time to thank Dee from Rage ATV Racing for taking the time to talk to me. The guy is EXTREMELY friendly and knowledgeable and had no problems sharing his wealth of knowledge. I had many questions about the motor mods and suspension and he took over 40 minutes of his time to explain everything to me in full detail. Its a bummer to find out that I invested top dollar into my suspension and engine only to find out that it was a poor investment but from everything Dee has explained to me and from what I have read on the forums I at least know what I want to invest my money into. I'm saying goodbye to my elka elites on roll design and opting for the PEP on Walsh. With all new suspension and a new motor my quad should feel like a whole new beast. I'm so excited but the $3,000 it will cost is something that I'm really dreading.

Jersey450R
02-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Dee is a great guy. Helps out a ton of riders. Everyone around here, well...the majority of riders get their motors done by him. He helped out Donny Lysinger all through the way until he went to suzuki. That kind of made alot of people around here do the same.

ALAMX37
02-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Roll Design is one of the best a-arms available. Why would you swap to Walsh, you are paying for the name not the quality. As for Elka ya, not the best but you can have them setup by an expert and they will perform as goo as any PEP's will.
Did Dee say Roll and Elka are no good?
Unless you are a Pro rider swapping brands isn't going to make you any faster, just cost more money.

ALAMX37
02-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Roll Design is one of the best a-arms available. My Roll/Axis setup feels better to me than any Walsh setup I have ever rode.Why would you swap to Walsh, you are paying for the name not the quality. As for Elka ya, not the best but you can have them setup by an expert and they will perform as goo as any PEP's will.
Did Dee say Roll and Elka are no good?
Unless you are a Pro rider swapping brands isn't going to make you any faster, just cost more money.

mx4christ
02-04-2008, 06:15 PM
I am very happy with my roll a arms and the quality of their swinger as well. However, the Roll swinger in conjunction with the elka linkage was never to my likeing. In fact I hate it. In order to get the rear end of a 450r to track properly you must change the shock mount on the swinger and roll does not do this. How can walsh make a poorer a arm? I don't think it will give me a performance advantage or disadvantage. I want to run their stuff because they are the only a arms manufacturer that has a contingency program for the ITP quadcross and I honestly believe their products are as good as any. Rath, Laegers, Roll, Gibson, Four Play, and Walsh are all awesome a arms and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Do you have contrary information? Please share, I'm always willing to listen to others who have experimented with different setups.

Ex_Rider43
02-07-2008, 09:37 PM
I use Walsh products on my quads and its top notch , + these guys are awesome !!