PDA

View Full Version : Paddles for my 250R

Fender Bender
11-16-2002, 04:29 PM
What kind of paddles do you think would be the best for my R? (mods are in the sig). I basicly drag for fun in the mornings and evenings and just go fast through the dunes and rarely ride trails, and jump a little bit during the day. I have Kenda Dune-runners on there now, and they seem to do ok, but they are starting to wear out.

I ride at little sahara, and the bike is mainly topend.

I would appreciate it if someone with good experience with lots of different paddles could give me some advice as to what kind is best for my application.

Thanx, Alex:)

josh
11-16-2002, 11:14 PM
i would say any straight blade paddle tire that is 8 or 9 blade paddles, i wouldn't go any bigger than 9 blade because 250's aren't torquey enough for that much grab and weight so i would say get a straight blade tire, the angled blades work good to but don't grab nearly as good but are better for turning, out in pure sand i think turning is the last of your worries cuz even with a straight blade you can powerslide sideways on steep hills that are almost verticals, straight is the way to go if you want the best traction, but if you want to wip quicker turns and thro the bike around faster(which i don't find any need or desire to in the dunes cuz the sand is sooo soft........but hey) get angles paddles, just get something that is prob about 20's, i think that is a good size for torque on the big hills, out there you want all the torque and lower gear power you can get,

i hear the gecko's are really great in any sand but most tires will be similar in performance

but i say the best application for you is a 9 blade paddle that is straight cuz you do drag and jump a little and rarely trail ride, so go with anything that fits the description and is lightweight and has a deep scoop(i would recommend doing a search on paddle tires........)

hope this helps, good luck

josh

Chef
11-16-2002, 11:36 PM
I would get some 20x10x10 9 Paddle Extreme Haulers. They will be able to handle what you ahve now, and will be even better with the ESR 330 and TRX11. \/

josh
11-22-2002, 06:06 PM
ya, what alky said, those are really nice paddles, get them

airheadedduner
11-23-2002, 02:35 PM
Being your bike is a 305 I wouldn't go anyless then 10 paddle haulers. I had 8s on my 295 and I could not find traction to save my life. For some reson my R didn't like sand skates.

AndrewRRR
11-23-2002, 07:44 PM
I would get 20x10x10 8 or 9 paddle haulers. I would be hesitant with 10 paddles unless you have a really hard running 305. I got my 10 paddles when my motor was still a 250 and you had to be real careful about keeping it on the pipe to run those tires. You do want some wheelspin, especially with a 2 stroke, you can't bog 2 strokes down like EX's.

Fender Bender
11-25-2002, 07:32 PM
ok, thanks guys, im gonna bet 20x10x10 9 paddle tires, and im gonna get some mohawk fronts, later