PDA

View Full Version : ITP Holeshot GNCC tires?

eerhard09
02-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Anyone running them, have run them, or have any experience with them? I am thinking of picking up a set of 4 for the Outlaw but with the set costing more than Razr2's, I want to know how they are first. Do they wear well, good traction but still slide, etc....?

bossman525
02-03-2008, 01:33 PM
my riding partner bought some for his outlaw. he likes them they have the rounded profile like the stock tire but more bite. he says the front tires seem to track better than the stock tires. he just got them so i dont know about the wear on them. but those will be my next tire when the stock ones run down.

CHADHIX
02-03-2008, 04:35 PM
The tires wear out fast, and they puncture very easy. They look really goofy on an Outlaw too! They are a big 22" on the front and a small 20" on the rear. They look more a 18" tire on the rear. I had them on mine for one ride and took them off and sold them. I went back to Razr 2's and will always run them from now on! You cant hardly beat a Maxxis Razr 2!!!

cmpearce
02-03-2008, 05:37 PM
i have the 20x10x9 gncc rear tires .same exact higth as the stock tires.very impressive forward traction.slide really good .mine have been wearing pretty good (i don't ride on roads and try not to spin them in the rocky sections).if you run the recomended itp tire pressure 7 lbs(i run 6or 7),then they are pretty puncture resistant

erac4019
02-04-2008, 08:32 AM
They do come in a 21" rear and measure closer to 20". The front is similar to the razr2 with the raised ridge, but I am not sure how well they wear.

eerhard09
02-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Thanks guys!

Any chance one of you may be able to throw up a picture of them on an outlaw and let me know if they are the 20" or 21" tire?

hemi400ex
04-20-2008, 03:42 PM
here is my new outlaw with gncc all the way around it stock size traction is great even on hardtop, rode it for the first time day no problems climbs hills, tears through mud, and never once lost traction i have pics but they r 2 big to post pm me with an email address if u have one and i'll send them a buddy of mine who races gncc with the 500 outlaw said he will never get another tire then the gncc's hes the one who told me to get them

ojcool
05-21-2008, 11:24 PM
I don't know why but I have always liked holeshot. I think it's the name more than anything. I have never owned any though, I have Razr's on now. i guess because they were a little cheaper, oh I remember now it was because ITP did not make the size I needed at the time.

ratso
05-24-2008, 04:26 PM
I am on my 2nd set for the rear. They have good traction and with 6 to 8 psi are puncture resistent. I just got razrs for another quad. The razrs are 4ply so they feel thinner. I like both but have not ridden razrs enough to say their better.