PDA

View Full Version : lt 80 clutch trouble i think

lt 80 uk
02-03-2008, 09:11 AM
hello and what a great find this place is,iv read almost all the clutch posts on lt 80's,when mine is cold it takes off no problem,but when it warmed it was slipping and wanted to rev and not move off,im ,wonderin if you have a pdf manual here to download,just to keep me right,its first time the kids have been out on it even tho i bought it 5 months ago,the shed door was too narrow,it took a lot of persueding to get in so i waited till the door was fixed,i was pleezed with it on testing like i say when cold,but the slipping happened after about 15 mins,phoned guy i bought it off and he said it was perfect when he sold it to me,no noises are coming out of it when it starts slipping,any help wud be greatly apreciated,,a pdf wud be great,even just the pages i need for the transmision overhaul unless there is something im opverlooking,thanks neil

ww228king
02-03-2008, 09:36 AM
sounds like a big torq spring needs to be replaced....my son's mongoose does the same thing in the summer if the torq spring gets old...
the spring gets hot and starts to get weak....

LT80
02-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Alot of maybe's could be talked about.
I'd first see if the chain is slipping under load.
After that, it's into the clutchs to see what's up.:)

http://www.nrys.com/fiche_select.asp

Transmission 1 and 2

You can look up the parts fiche. That will let you know the parts placement at least.
I'm sure you can figure out how easy enough. :)

lt 80 uk
02-05-2008, 05:45 AM
i didnt check to see if chain was slipping but surely that wud make a noise lt80 and it wud do it hot or cold mine is just when warm,i was thinkin of trying a heavier oil b4 i actualy think,yes it needs stripped down,is it easy enough done with engine still in frame btw?

ww228king
02-05-2008, 05:56 AM
like i was mentioning a couple post above.....replace the big torq spring....look at number 11
http://www.nrys.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

the thicker oil will not make any differance ....

ww228king
02-05-2008, 06:02 AM
pull the side cover off and replace number 11....you will need an airgun

LT80
02-05-2008, 07:56 AM
IMO and with all due respect, I've never seen the torque spring go bad on a stock motor unless there was another issue in the clutchs making them heat up more than normal.
Alot of guessing. Get the wrenches out and see.

He's right, oil will do nothing to help.

lt 80 uk
02-16-2008, 07:14 AM
thankyou for your support,yea lookin at the microfiche i see heavier oil will do nothing,before i take it apart,if its not the spring im right in thinkin it can only then be the clutch shoes worn ?,still havnt had time to do much realy but thanks for all your help guys