View Full Version : whats up with madtv?

450raider
02-03-2008, 07:58 AM
i know theres bigger things going on this particular day but im posting it while i still got it in my mind now, if anyone watches madtv like myself then youd know how these past couple of seasons have been....."sloping", well whats up with the newest late '07 - early '08 season, firstly when the season returned they announced their new location - some standup theatre, was this a step forward or back? watching it i assumed back but i dont know im not in showbiz and then over half of their newest people blow, the old ones seem to be getting a little stale, and last nights show was rather dissapointing now ive always like madtv since i was a young'un, being raised in a pro snl family (which i thought sucked) i watched mad because it was different, and i thought it was wayyy funnier from '01 to '05 but now im just not sure, i guess they both suck, so is this the beginning of the end of madtv? i hope not

JOEX
02-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Is the writers strike still going on?

450raider
02-03-2008, 01:53 PM
yeah and i guess that would explain part of it but not why most of the new people suck or why it seems they have to "rent out" a standup theatre to have a show, or why on earth fox or whoever would let some of the more talented people go, or still keep some for that matter.

JOEX
02-03-2008, 02:05 PM
I had thought shows like Madtv and SNL are used by aspiring actors and comics as a stepping stone for bigger things.

user101
02-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I had thought shows like Madtv and SNL are used by aspiring actors and comics as a stepping stone for bigger things.

you are correct but some of the actors on snl and madtv do make their career on those shows

rbgnwa45
02-03-2008, 05:05 PM
I've started to watch it regularly and I think they're doing fine. I'll be sad when there's no Oprah, Dr. Phil, Stewie, Mrs. Swan...Or have they stopped those? Anyways, all the characters are HILARIOUS! Especially Bobby Lee, anytime he says "robster craws" I can't stop laughing. Long live MADTV! :devil: SNL sucks.

nickmelll
02-03-2008, 06:37 PM
i thoght its been going downhill for the last 3 or 4 years.....stewart and bobby lee r deff the best though

Exrider434
02-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by nickmelll
i thoght its been going downhill for the last 3 or 4 years.....stewart and bobby lee r deff the best though

bobby lee is one of the funniest on there.....Every time i watch him i die laughing:blah:

450raider
02-03-2008, 09:32 PM
yeah thats a part that i mean the current best on there (meaning '08) is michael mcdonald, nicole parker, bobby lee, ardin miryn and christa flannigan (not sure on spelling for the last 2) and mad/fox screwed up when they let go names like ike barenholtz, stefanie weir (sp?), will sasso, josh myers to name a few. and how the shows dont have a live feel to em anymore

rbgnwa45
02-04-2008, 03:04 AM
I didn't know Sasso and Weir were gone, wtf :huh .