PDA

View Full Version : Replacment shocks for TYPHOON 125 and 90

TonyV
02-03-2008, 12:40 AM
Hi is there any shocks from other ATV's that will fit on either my kids 125 or 90 cc TYPHOONs I am basically after getting the 125 done forsure but 90 would be nice to replace aswell. I was told 300 EX shocks work then heard something else. Does anyone know of a Shock swap that works? We do not race so Im not looking to spend hundreds of dollars just a simple fix for the bottoming out over big hills bumps and jumps. I also cannot bleed these brakes and its irritating me. I have tried everything bench bleeding gravity bleeding brake bleeder system and no luck I have the hand brakes working but would like the kiods to have the peddals working but Im starting to think after all this time and effort there just there for decoration Ive never seen this problem like this Ive put hours into these brakes with no luck and no signs of any improvment pressure just isnt there Any help on these issues is appreciated . Thanks....... Tony

bennyrae
02-03-2008, 08:43 AM
as far as the brakes are concerned, I had the same problem and thought my caliper or master was bad. But then i adjusted the stroke on the pedal and bingo it started working. now it took some playing around to get it set where it wasnt pushing to much or not enough, but I think it was 2-1/2 turns ttl on the two adjusters to make it work.
Hope this helps

azextreme
02-03-2008, 09:04 AM
I had to use a vacuum brake bleeder, most atv shops should have one!

Jaybird
02-03-2008, 11:28 AM
I bought a Fastace pitbike shock for the rear of ours from e-bay. It was less than 100 bucks shipped. Works great and has adjustable rebound and preload.
http://www.fastace.net/prodetail-airoilcoil.asp?cat=41
Wish they made 12.5 or 13 inch ones for the front.

Having the same issue with the rear brakes, can't seem to get a good pedal after I had everything apart to weld up the frame.
Brian

double d 1
02-03-2008, 03:13 PM
are you sure the shocks are fully compressing? or is the front part of the sub frame hitting the ground. my son only weighs 70 pounds and the front of the frame was hitting the ground. i relocated the front shock mounts and it doesnt hit any more. i have pics on another thread,