PDA

View Full Version : hydralic foot brake

gr race
02-02-2008, 08:30 PM
i have an aftermarket foot brake the pedal feels soft have bleed system a couple times doesn;t help could the master cylinder be bad and if so any ideas when i can get replacement parts

hotquads1
02-02-2008, 08:48 PM
what brand is it? If it came from a DRR dealer , then we will have the parts for it.
marc

riding4fun
02-02-2008, 09:51 PM
I had a hard time bleeding mine. Did you try sucking the fluid through with a syringe. That's what worked for me.

jerkyboy
02-03-2008, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by riding4fun
I had a hard time bleeding mine. Did you try sucking the fluid through with a syringe. That's what worked for me.

Same here. Thats what I had to do also. It was much faster
doing it this way.

cheatermtrsprts
02-03-2008, 07:48 AM
I use an oil squirt can filled with brake fluid with a piece of hose on it. Take most of the fluid out of the reservoir, open the bleeder and pump it back through to the master cylinder. Then you might have to bleed it one time and its usually good to go. Lots quicker than just plain bleeding.

BradLoomis
02-03-2008, 11:50 AM
The fastest, easiest way I have found is to remove the banjo bolt on the caliper and remove th ebolt and washers off of the hose. Pinch the openings of the hose with your thumb and finger and start pumping the foot brake. Your fingers will allow the air pressure to force past without letting any air back into the system. It works alot like a standard bleeder can but pressure is always more positive and forcefull than vacuum. I also like that I can raise the hose vertically to allow air bubbles to migrate vertically by themselves. Then just reattach to the caliper and a quick bleeding of it and you are done. Just what works for me.

ecmini1
02-05-2008, 08:46 AM
We use a vacumn bleeder easier and faster.

dirttrack86
02-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Brick and rope, at end of race, throw on ground. LOL:) :)

backinsaddle
02-05-2008, 03:38 PM
I use this and it works better than anything I've ever used in the past:
http://www.motiveproducts.com/02bleeders.html
made my own custom fitting for the front brakes, i will make one for the back when I get a chance.