PDA

View Full Version : Sparks Ignition.

cheetah
11-16-2002, 01:44 PM
It seems there have been many threads about this thing and I did a search on it and haven't exactly found what I need to know, so here goes.

I have the Sparks Ignition Advance Key and I am wanting to know what exactly to do in installing it. What do I need? What do I need to watch for? I don't know a whole lot about motors, but my dad does and he is going to help me, but he wants to know what kind of project this is and how it's done. Also, has anyone ever had any problems with it. I do have a stock motor, with just the mods listed. Is there anything I need to watch for that would completely screw my motor up? I know it's a lot of questions, but I am kinda in the dark on this and my dad is second guessing the reliability and installation.

Thanks for all your help.

cheetah
11-17-2002, 08:58 AM
bump

methyman
11-17-2002, 09:10 AM
First you need to drain the motor oil. Then remove shifter and side cover on left side of bike.(sitting on bike) Using a impact wrench remove center bolt for flywheel. Remove flywheel and keyway. Install new keyway as per instructions from Curtis Sparks. Reassemble flywheel and new gasket and install oil and fire her up and WOW the power increase is great

11-17-2002, 09:53 AM
what does the advance key do?

Team Outlaw #34
11-17-2002, 09:59 AM
And if ya don't mind, how much did it cost you?

methyman
11-17-2002, 10:21 AM
It advances the timing 6 degrees.
Sparks Racing has found inexpensive, instant bolt on horsepower!

Our Ignition Advance Key simply takes the place of the stock woodruff key and advances the timing six degrees instantly!

What does that actually do? Well, it peps up the motor. Bottom end all the way through top end is increased.

Response from riders who have tried the ignition advance key has been awesome! This is a must have for every 400EX owner. The key simple to install and works well with stock 400EX's all the way up to a fully built 400EX. Not recommended for high compression or big bore motors because advanced timing does not seem to work well in these situations.

We even throw in a flywheel puller.

Another great bolt-on modification for your 400EX is Sparks Racing Hi-Rev CDI box. The rev limiter is raised a little over 1000 rpm over the stock bock. Top end is also improved over stock.

Sparks Racing Ignition Advance Key $15
Sparks Racing Hi-Rev CDI $115

All prices are subject to change without notice.

Team Outlaw #34
11-17-2002, 10:25 AM
so with that sparks ignition.....

will that do any long term damage?

Team Outlaw #34
11-17-2002, 04:08 PM
Bump

crashinmatt
11-17-2002, 04:34 PM
is sparks the only place to get it? sounds pretty good to me. and pretty cheap mod.