PDA

View Full Version : parts

ktmkid
02-01-2008, 09:03 PM
are any of you guys able to get replacement parts from your local dealers yet, also i have had quite a few hard parts on back order for over 3 months , this is starting to suck, i'm dissapointed in ktm

ROCKER069
02-02-2008, 07:35 AM
Nothin here thinkin bout getin nerfs. Dealer says mid to end of Feb. :ermm:

bryishre
02-02-2008, 04:57 PM
yeah i got mine i got a steering stem, skid plate ,bumper ,frame protectors ,reverse cable ,cdi switch and the nerfs are on backorder intill mid to end of march thats what my dealer told me

dan46
02-02-2008, 05:34 PM
I got my case saver and frame protectors last week. I have shock cover come in this week. My dealer told me everything is like 1 week behind.

bryishre
02-02-2008, 06:53 PM
oh yeah got the case saver also how does it fit i know i got to modify a piece of metal to fit the gap between the case saver and the motor because the the stock chain gaurd wont work with it

dan46
02-03-2008, 07:57 AM
It did not fit and I had ti modify it. I was able to still use my stock chain gaurd it just had to modify that to work with the case saver. It took almost a hour to put it on. but the frame gaurds are great and fit great and are very easy to put on.

bryishre
02-03-2008, 09:22 AM
did you have to cut down the where the spacer is how did you do it please give info do you have a pic you can pm me i have cut mine down just not to the point it will work sorry to ask so many questions but hey that what this place is for lol

dan46
02-04-2008, 05:21 PM
I had to cut the front of the stock gaurd to the the first mounting hole. Then I had to cut the mounting hole width in half. When I cut the front of the gaurd I cut it just behind the face so it looks the same as stock I just removed from behide it. I will try to take a pic and post it tomorrow.

bryishre
02-04-2008, 06:23 PM
ok great thanks

04TRX400EX
02-06-2008, 10:34 PM
This kind of information is what I am afraid of. I was talking to a salesperson at a dealer last week who mentioned the sizable delay in parts availability. This is something I had not thought about before but has weighed on my decision to get a KTM or not. I do not like to idea of the limited dealer network and parts availability if something were to go wrong.

spanky101
02-07-2008, 01:42 PM
alot of these bikes will never need a visit to the ktm dealership. These bikes are beasts when it comes to reliability and just overal durability. There are always goin to be a few issues with a new bike, its bound to happen.

mcracer
02-07-2008, 01:53 PM
I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE AND THE TIE RODS HAVE BEEN PUSHED BACK TILL APRIL 15TH AND SAME W/ REVERSE CABLE, WE ARE TAKING A STE OF TIE RODS AND SENDING TO RICKEY STATOR TO MAKE SOME YOU CAN'T RUN THE WOODS W/ OUT SPARES SOMETIMES THE TREES WON'T GET OUT OF YOUR WAY LOL
IF YOU NEED A DAMPNER OR ARM SKIDS MUNN RACING HAS THEM IN STOCK!

bryishre
02-07-2008, 08:07 PM
hmmm interesting i got my reverse cable a couple of weeks ago they must be sending out limited numbers of parts