PDA

View Full Version : Everyone with FOX evols how do you like em?

NJ450rider
02-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Well after looking at all diff suspension prices and ideas im gonna "just get it over with" and do a LT setup. Im gonna stick with Houser since theyve been great so far with everything ive ever bought/rode on from them. For shocks im gonna do the FOX evols in the front and a podium X in the rear most likely. So im wondering how does everyone like there fox shocks so far? How hard were they to setup. Also would i be better getting the single compression adjustment or the dual compression adjustment? I dunno if ill ever be able to tell the difference riding lol. So any info would be great thanks. I cant wait to get all this stuff and put it together. :cool:

300ex_#387
02-01-2008, 06:07 PM
I love my Fox set up so far. They are so easy to adjust, and dial them in to your riding style. The only negative thing that I would say about them is that you have to check the air pressure before every ride. That isn't a big deal at all though. Defenatley spring for the DSC option. It gives you so much more adjustment, and you won't regret it. I had to the option to choose any shock I wanted, and I don't regret going with Fox.

TRX450RACER174
02-01-2008, 06:45 PM
I also do not regret my Fox setup it's super easy to setup and some people complain about having to check the air but it takes just about as long to check the air in the shocks as it does in the tires. I have to agree get the DSC and you will not regret it, i also keep a log of the PSI in the shocks as well as the air temp. Not to mention they are super versatile for whatever you want to do with them.

http://www.hotboat.com/image_center/data/500/lt80_032_00.jpg

allstock
02-01-2008, 07:43 PM
i cant thing of one bad thing about mine besides for the body roll

NJ450rider
02-01-2008, 08:15 PM
I thought the amount of body roll and ride height was set by the main chamber? (ive read the 30pg instructions a few times) lol

TRX450RACER174
02-01-2008, 08:55 PM
I dont notice any more body roll than my previous shocks, it's all in how you set them up to your preference, my body roll is minimal at the least and you get used to it.

Benjithx
02-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Older versions had a fade issue that they have taken care of.

They are amazing! Pop for the DSC, its worth it. :-)

300ex_#387
02-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by allstock
i cant thing of one bad thing about mine besides for the body roll

Thats whats so great about the DSC adjustments. You can turn up just the Low Speed compression to get rid of that body roll.

out4sand
02-02-2008, 10:02 AM
I just switch from a Houser/Elka set up to a Holz/Fox set up and I can not say enough good things about the shocks. A night and day difference, honestly.

jason_david1
02-02-2008, 10:05 AM
i just bought some brand new lt fox with dsc and laeger arms off ebay. paid 1750 shipped. got them bolted on but havent rode it yet. i hope they are nice!!

NJ450rider
02-04-2008, 08:49 PM
I orderd my shocks today. Its a 3 week back order for the dual speed compression evols right now. so if anyone plans on gettin em for this coming season id suggest you do it soon.