PDA

View Full Version : one with VITO's oil injection block off???

leasureryan
02-01-2008, 02:21 PM
OK....I took everything off including the oil pump, took the case cover off, remover e clips on pump shaft, that holds the plastic gear on, removed the second e clip that holds the pump shaft in, the pump shaft came out of the holrer/sleeve that it runs through, the sleeve that holds it in place if you will. This is somehow supposed to also come off so that the plate from vito's can be installed over the hole where the oil pump used to be. But the sleeve thing will not come out! There is a rubber seal inside the case that also seems to not come out, after much poking and proding. There is no way the the Vito's block off plate will screw over top of this. The screws would have to be 1 1/2" long, and there would be no use for this gasket they sent me. I called Vito's, and they told me they have never heard anyone have this problem. He said the sleeve thing that holds the pump shaft must be pressed in. I beat the hell out of that thing, and it ain't budging! Not to mention that the direction's vito's gave me where PERFECT, except for this shaft, which the instructions no where mentions this shaft sleeve thing at all. Like it didn't even exist. What the hell. Someone please help me out here.

Fast470r
03-07-2008, 09:13 AM
when I had mine I just stoped putting oil in the injector and started premixing ran for 4 years like that then sold it. Their is no need for the kit or any disasembly just put it back togather and start premixing.

tapper1823
03-08-2008, 01:28 PM
When i put in vito's oil injection delete kit it was a breeze! im not sure what your having trouble with maybe some pics would help.

Fast470r
03-10-2008, 10:27 AM
My performance shop told me that it is a rip off the said not to waist the money and just start premixing they said the worst that will happen the gear will strip out no other damage will happen. Buy it if you want. I would find another use for the money.

tapper1823
03-10-2008, 11:40 AM
If i were you i would take it out if the plastic gear breaks pieces of it can get caught in the gears and possibly ruin other things the kits like 30 dollars just be safe and do it its a cake walk to put in.

trailrider1156
03-11-2008, 06:28 AM
i can look at a spare motor i got laying around, but i think the sleeve is probably just froze up.
i will not be able to do this till tuesday evening.
Everybody that ever bought a block off kit realizes that you could make one just as easy, off course that's after the fact.

tapper1823
03-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Yeah all you need is a peice of metal and gasket and some plugs. but oh well id rather buy it know it wont fail lol

trailrider1156
03-11-2008, 04:43 PM
ok, i looked at my clymer manual to refresh my memory, the sleeve (bushing) should pull out of there, must be froze up. it just fits tight.