PDA

View Full Version : 04400ex Seat Latch

ThreeDollaBills
02-01-2008, 01:01 PM
I'm just wondering if there is anyway I can keep my plastic mounted to my quad and make it to where my seat just comes off. I want to put mounting brackets on my rear fenders, but if I do that then I would have to take them off every time I wanted to take the seat off. Any ideas? i'm up for anything

Hondamaster5505
02-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by ThreeDollaBills
I'm just wondering if there is anyway I can keep my plastic mounted to my quad and make it to where my seat just comes off. I want to put mounting brackets on my rear fenders, but if I do that then I would have to take them off every time I wanted to take the seat off. Any ideas? i'm up for anything

I want the same thing.

I think a company makes a kit that makes it so the whole fender/seat conjunction still come up together, but instead of the hassle of taking them off, they are on a hinge type thing that connects to the grab bar.

I wish i could remember the company.

byrdman
02-01-2008, 05:31 PM
just run self tappers trough the plastic into the frame, or drill holes and run bolts. then you can just pull off the seat independant from the plastics.

08400EX
02-01-2008, 05:52 PM
I'm just wondering if there is anyway I can keep my plastic mounted to my quad and make it to where my seat just comes off. .....

. Any ideas? i'm up for anything

Buy an 08 http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/graemlins/icon107.gif

You did say you were up for anything ..:devil:

Seriously, here is a pic of the underseat area on the 08, maybe it will give you some ideas..

http://www.928gt.com/images/400ex/CIMG1942a.JPG

JOEX
02-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Just curious... why do you want mounting brackets for the fenders?

sales8807
02-01-2008, 10:20 PM
they flap, and you can hear them with 3 quads running, lol rubbing on pipe and burning them. pain in the butt to take on and off..

ThreeDollaBills
02-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Well actually for two reasons. One is because I have pro armor nerfs with heal guards, so when I ramp the plastics beat on the top of the heal guard, and overtime it's warn off my powdercoat to bear metal. Two is because when they get muddy they bow down really bad making it look tacky and easier to break. Overall just making them stronger is why.

ThreeDollaBills
02-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by byrdman
just run self tappers trough the plastic into the frame, or drill holes and run bolts. then you can just pull off the seat independant from the plastics.

Well my question is how secure will the seat be if I don't bolt it to the plastic? I think I can mount the plastic onto the frame, but I just don't wanna hit a double and my seat go flying off if you know what I mean.

ThreeDollaBills
02-01-2008, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by 08400EX
Buy an 08 http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/graemlins/icon107.gif

You did say you were up for anything ..:devil:

Seriously, here is a pic of the underseat area on the 08, maybe it will give you some ideas..

http://www.928gt.com/images/400ex/CIMG1942a.JPG

I would love to buy an 08 lol if I wouldn't have went and dumped all of this money into my 04

JOEX
02-02-2008, 12:15 AM
Well actually for two reasons. One is because I have pro armor nerfs with heal guards, so when I ramp the plastics beat on the top of the heal guard, and overtime it's warn off my powdercoat to bear metal. Two is because when they get muddy they bow down really bad making it look tacky and easier to break. Overall just making them stronger is why.
Just an idea...

Trim the part of the plastic that rubs against the heel guards. I bet you could make it look like it was supposed to be that way;)

When they get coated with mud i'm pretty sure people will understand if they bow a bit:) I haven't heard of them breaking because of mud either.

Not dissing your idea, it may work well. Just offering another perspective:)

ThreeDollaBills
02-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Well if I cut them then yea they wouldn't hit my nerfs, but once mud collected on the then they would meaning I would have to cut more off. Also doing that doesn't solve my problem with wanting to just have to take the seat off when I want to get to the air filter.

JOEX
02-02-2008, 12:57 AM
Well if I cut them then yea they wouldn't hit my nerfs, but once mud collected on the then they would meaning I would have to cut more off. Also doing that doesn't solve my problem with wanting to just have to take the seat off when I want to get to the air filter.
Once you learn the technique of mounting the seat and fender assembly it's not difficult at all. I, along many others, have had some amount of difficulty mounting the fender assembly in the beginning but once you get it mastered it's a great feature.:)

atv_man2007
02-02-2008, 10:47 PM
my seat was flying off the rear latch everytime i jumped fixed it with a good old wire tie till i order my new grommets they are wore leaving play in the seat 2004 400ex