PDA

View Full Version : Sway bar

DSRider450
01-31-2008, 08:43 PM
Has anybuddy came across the problem when putting a swaybar on a ltr450 that the bike is towide and it will not fit . Does anybuddy have a idea to be able to put a swaybar on that bike.

04TRX400EX
01-31-2008, 10:19 PM
I was under the impression that the sway bar attaches to the a-arms so it shouldn't matter how wide the quad is, but maybe I'm wrong :confused: Either way, if the quad is too wide to adapt a sway bar it is likely too wide for any form of sanctioned racing in which case step 1 would be to narrow the front end.

Check out the Rath Racing sway bars.

jayman
02-01-2008, 03:12 PM
I custom made some brackets to go on my a-arms in the rear. I then cut down the turnbuckles to fit. I made the brackets out of some angle iron (channel) then did some grinding on them. I will post some pics later.

BlueZ440
02-03-2008, 06:20 PM
it's not that the quad is to wide..

It's clearing the shock. There is 2 type of swaybar. One that hooks to the bottom bolt on your shock(Older style) and the other one you can hook on your top a-arms.(newer style)

Check out rathracing.com or call Chasity@Rath. I love my swaybar and you can install in 6 minutes to the top of your a-arms.