PDA

View Full Version : ufc 81- lesnar vs mir, predictions?

450raider
01-31-2008, 05:58 PM
i know it might be a little late but i havent seen it posted yet so whos gonna when brock lesnar or frank mir? im gonna go with mir by submission now dont get me wrong i like brock, as i am a big wrestling fan (more so then rather than now) and was a little suprised when he left and didnt get picked up by the vikings, but now mma, i kinda like his chances but he seems to be a little cocky, like this one commercial where it showed mir break tim sylvias arm in half and brock "didnt think it was a big deal" well for my money thats gonna cost him at 81. jmo

FasstMidnightZ
01-31-2008, 06:07 PM
A little birdy tells me that Brock will win.

quads14589
01-31-2008, 06:10 PM
i think mir will win because isnt lesnar new to ufc?

Nick110
01-31-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by quads14589
i think mir will win because isnt lesnar new to ufc?

yes he is. I hope Mir wins but I think Lesner will. If he can train to have atleast decent stand up and know how to stay in guard on the ground he should win.

cbrooks118
01-31-2008, 07:29 PM
I hope Mir continues to improve. I miss the days when he was a badass... It's impressive on how far he has comeback since that motorcycle accident

Flyin-Low
01-31-2008, 09:41 PM
Mir has it, Lesnar's debut MMA fight was a joke!

x.system
02-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Mir will submit Lesnar in the first round.

reptikes
02-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
Mir has it, Lesnar's debut MMA fight was a joke!

How do you figure it was a joke? Brock Lesnar made Min Soo Kim (who was hugged up on his chest) tap out with 12 inch punches to the side of his head. I don't know how many fights you've been in, but you don't have good power in your punches hitting in that kind of position. But it was still hard enough to make him tap. Again i ask you how was it a joke?

Flyin-Low
02-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by reptikes
How do you figure it was a joke? Brock Lesnar made Min Soo Kim (who was hugged up on his chest) tap out with 12 inch punches to the side of his head. I don't know how many fights you've been in, but you don't have good power in your punches hitting in that kind of position. But it was still hard enough to make him tap. Again i ask you how was it a joke?

It was a joke because Min Soo Kim didn't even look like he was in the same weight class, and Lesnar didn't use anything but brute strength in that whole fight! He's going to be cocky and careless, not to mention under skilled in his fight vs. Mir.

wantablaster
02-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Mir is going to take Brocks arm home with him.

reptikes
02-02-2008, 01:13 PM
It was a joke because Min Soo Kim didn't even look like he was in the same weight class, and Lesnar didn't use anything but brute strength in that whole fight! He's going to be cocky and careless, not to mention under skilled in his fight vs. Mir.

You still didn't tell me why it was a joke. Min Soo Kim is 6'1", 254 lbs. Lesnar is 6'3" 265 lbs. 2 inch and 10 pound difference. Frank Mir is 6'1" at 255 lbs. And you say that all he did was use brute strenght. NO SH$T! If i'm strong enought to bully you around the octagon, then thats what i should do. You really should think a little more before you type.

c450Razy
02-02-2008, 02:48 PM
idk, i think mir is going to be to techtical for lesnar to handle.. but i could be wrong and lesnar could catch him with a big hit..

2000ex
02-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Brock via 1st round GNP. I think on the feet Mir is a MUCH more polished striker, and obvious ju jitsu advantage. Lesnar will overpower and impose his will and will probably resort to his bread and butter which is wrestling and GNP.

Mir has great ju jitsu however try pulling guard on a 280lb monster reigning down shots on you.

Flyin-Low
02-02-2008, 04:06 PM
You still didn't tell me why it was a joke. Min Soo Kim is 6'1", 254 lbs. Lesnar is 6'3" 265 lbs. 2 inch and 10 pound difference. Frank Mir is 6'1" at 255 lbs. And you say that all he did was use brute strenght. NO SH$T! If i'm strong enought to bully you around the octagon, then thats what i should do. You really should think a little more before you type.

No need to get your pantys in a bunch dude, chill out. So what happens when he can't just "bully" someone around the octagon? That's what I'm getting at.

We'll see what goes down tonight anyway.

And about what you said above.. I put quite a bit of thought into what I type, I'm no moron.

Byte
02-03-2008, 06:33 AM
Lesnar taps out 1:30 into the first round via ankle lock...

wait, that did happen :)

Flyin-Low
02-03-2008, 07:11 AM

Huh, so what happened when Lesnar couldn't just punch like a big dumb ape and get the knockout?

MotoX3
02-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Lesnar had him on the ground within 15 seconds of the first bell and would have knocked him out if they hadn't spilt them for the punches to the back of the head.

prepracing
02-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Huh, so what happened when Lesnar couldn't just punch like a big dumb ape and get the knockout?

For his 1st fight against a worthy oponent he did very well, not to mention he was very classy in his post fight interview giving credit to Mir and stating he knows he will have to work on his ground fighting and submissions.
After some experience to combine with his strength everyone else better look out !:macho Kurt Angle may not be far behind jumping into the UFC scene !

450raider
02-03-2008, 01:45 PM
yeah ha, but in all seriousness i bet kurt angle is a bad dude, i dont think he coulda beat mir but i do think he can take on alot of the upper mid card guys.

c450Razy
02-03-2008, 02:10 PM
isnt it funny how when asked about mir breaking sylivas arm, brock said "so what, big deal" "that aint going to be me"

LOL he was right, he gave up before he endured half as much pain...

And speaking of kurt angle, hes a joke, he has said mulitpile times that he wants to fight chuck laddell, but when he got into a ring with daniel puder he almost tapped but the reff saved him!!!

user101
02-03-2008, 03:55 PM
As soon as Lesnar get some experience in the octagone and better on the ground he will be unstopable. Who ever fights him next better watch out.

reptikes
02-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Lesnar WILL be the HeavyWieght Champ. He was destroying Mir until the Ankle Lock, Mir didn't so much as hit him one time. He's been training for almost 2 years, giving some more time he'll have the belt. And for c450Razy, Mir tried an Arm Bar twice and stated that Lesnar was to big to strong to pull it off. Mir got lucky, another 45-85 seconds Brock would have had his arm raised.

reptikes
02-04-2008, 02:34 PM

Did you even watch the fight? Mir was a heartbeat away from going to sleep. He was getting beat on his feet, the ground, he was getting hammered (literally).

450rRacer22
02-04-2008, 04:01 PM
just wondering, when is this fight scheduled and what channel?

02-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by 450rRacer22
just wondering, when is this fight scheduled and what channel?

already happened on Saturday, and PPV

c450Razy
02-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Lesnar WILL be the HeavyWieght Champ. He was destroying Mir until the Ankle Lock, Mir didn't so much as hit him one time. He's been training for almost 2 years, giving some more time he'll have the belt. And for c450Razy, Mir tried an Arm Bar twice and stated that Lesnar was to big to strong to pull it off. Mir got lucky, another 45-85 seconds Brock would have had his arm raised.

lol "lucky" no he got SKILLS!!

02-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by c450Razy
lol "lucky" no he got SKILLS!!

seriously, no way he got "lucky"

Like Rampage once said ... " I got Jiu Jitsu"