PDA

View Full Version : Jetting Help!!!!!! Please

yamadog
01-31-2008, 04:40 PM
Jetting Help!!!!!! PLEASE
Hey guys, bought my sparks pipe removed the seat, gas tank, stock exhaust, replaced the stock carb needle w the new needle provided by curtis sparks (on 3rd clip) and undid both carb boots to the cylinder and airbox, tiltled the carb so that the bowl of the carb is facing the left side of the quad, and removed the four screws and took off the carb bowl and replaced the stock jet w a 185, ****** now when we removed the carburetor bowl some sort of circle crown shaped plastic piece fell from the where the floats sit that goes around the jets and fell out of the carb, i think we positioned it on the bottom of the bowl right, but it keeps falling out of place when we go back to put to bowl back, does anyone know how the hell this piece goes on or if were doin somethin wrong (the carb is still on the quad)
cant seem to post a pic

yamadog
01-31-2008, 04:45 PM

TRX450RACER174
01-31-2008, 05:38 PM
What carb? 04/05 or a FCR i assume by the jetting it's a 04/05 but want to be sure to look at the right fische.

yamadog
01-31-2008, 05:53 PM
05, managed to get the carb put back together but now wen i start it up the header is cherry red

d3ktrix
02-01-2008, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by yamadog
05, managed to get the carb put back together but now wen i start it up the header is cherry red

What size pilot do u have in it?
A/F screw setting?