PDA

View Full Version : Rider Fatigue

nickyfz
01-31-2008, 03:58 AM
Just wanted to know if anyone had any tips to give me on how to reduce rider fatigue in my forearms when riding motocross. When I ride motocross my forearms become fatigued quick but everything else is fine.

JJs450r
01-31-2008, 06:21 AM
cardio stack works pretty good, i used to eat a banana and take an ib profin<<--? 30 mintues before race and it seemed to work alright, or just work out some more not saying you dont, cus i know i work out some and still have arm pump

stic
02-01-2008, 07:24 PM
drink lots of water

#17YFZRACER
02-01-2008, 07:29 PM
drink alot of water. as far as workouts go pull-ups help me alot, just do them untill you cant anymore every night.

James_yfz17
02-03-2008, 01:47 PM
few of my friends took the joe byrd riding school. arm pump is all in the head.

lpp performance
02-04-2008, 12:46 PM
try the endrogen from motox nutrition..and arm pump is not all in the head,, try not to grip the handlebars so tight "death Grip".., and do more cardio thats lets your blood flow better

sskustomz
02-04-2008, 01:33 PM
cardio cardio cardio i cant stress enough how important blood flow is.also pull downs and pull ups help alot however i dont suggest medicating because it masks problems and speeds your heart rate up in a very unhealthy way

stic
02-06-2008, 04:19 PM
cardio cardio cardio i cant stress enough how important blood flow is.also pull downs and pull ups help alot however i dont suggest medicating because it masks problems and speeds your heart rate up in a very unhealthy way
i agree 100%+
you dont need meds.
excersize

arm pump is all in the head.
and that right there is the biggest pile of bowlchit ive hever heard.

Dr89
02-06-2008, 09:04 PM
get a 10 pound weight, about a 2 and 1/2 foot string, and a piece of a broom handle or something like that....drill a hole in the handle, tie the rope through it, then tie the other end through the middle of the 10lb plate. hold the handle straight out in front of you with your arms locked, then roll up the weight as fast as you can, and let it back down slowly. do this as many times as you can.

GREAT forearm work out. it definetely improves forearm strength and endurance, you'll notice a big difference in a pretty short period of time. it will work quicker than like pull ups and stuff too because it isolates SPECIFICALLY the forearms.

sskustomz
02-06-2008, 10:43 PM
WOW That realy does work great i just tried it and my arms are burnin pretty good-----great work out idea

Dr89
02-07-2008, 09:00 AM
haha yea its rough...especially if you start adding weight

bloodmoney23
02-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by James_yfz17
few of my friends took the joe byrd riding school. arm pump is all in the head.

BS, its called muscle failure buddy. I went through 6 years of military physical training. I dont care what anyone says. To get rid of arm pump you want to do more forearm exercises. Heres a good one to do while you are sitting watchign tv or just bored that has helped me a ton and noticed a HUGE difference in just a week. Take 5-10 lb dumbells and hold your arms out straight (like a zombie) and with palm side down lift up the dumbells with just your wrist like turning a twist throttle almost. then with palms up do the same thing. do that 20-30 min a day and you will see a huge difference in your arms stamina. After it gets to the point you can do it 20-30 min a day move it up to 40-50 min a day with the same amount of weight. what you are doing is not building muscle (you will gain some though) but your building muscle memory and stamina which is what you want. you may also want to run a mile or 2 every other day for your cadio. if you need better help understanding this just PM me and I will send you pics on how to do this. By the way, I am a lisenced physical trainer.