PDA

View Full Version : oboy check it out !!!!!!

d44
01-30-2008, 09:19 PM
apex 50cc should be out in time for race season look out drr few hundred more for apex but comes with a bunch of race parts from the factory looks like drr not going to be number one seller any more is this possible i gues will find out soon

forgiven
01-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Lets just say the two are comparable...which is still yet to be seen...but if it is I will would still think the DRR is an easy choice due to the service after the sale, and it is established...not a first year platform which almost always has things that has to be worked out.

I would give you more reasons but I have to get over to the Apex board and say how great our product is :D

dblacks
01-31-2008, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by d44
apex 50cc should be out in time for race season look out drr few hundred more for apex but comes with a bunch of race parts from the factory looks like drr not going to be number one seller any more is this possible i gues will find out soon

you going to get one Paul?

I am amazed that this is just getting posted; the buzz for almost 2 weeks has been the new APEX 90 with LT suspension and the new Apex 50 but no one is talking about it on the internet.

Steven623
01-31-2008, 07:16 AM
If thats the true width, I don't think it will be approved for the stock/limited classes. I think there is a reason why the drr 50's are 41" wide. If DRR 50's were 44" wide they have to run in the production 50 class, with cobras and other hopped up 50cc racers.

forgiven
01-31-2008, 07:37 AM
To me, and I won't go on the APEX board and trash talk...I think the plastics look dated, the nerfs are cheesy, and the bumper looks like it is for something else and it is modded to work on this quad.

I would be surprised if it actually handled as well as advertised.

I guess time will tell what is hype and what is crap.

drr5
01-31-2008, 07:52 AM
the power of a good parts conterfieter , you would be amazed by the results, i might question the reliability of some of these parts due to the low cost of the quad, i may be wrong,

d44
01-31-2008, 08:27 AM
yes dblacks i have one on order but not giving up drx yet we will do some test runs and see what happens

hotquads1
01-31-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by d44
I would like to see this happen , competition makes all products and prices better(the american way).
BUT...
.. I am going to make a prediction here , there will be no legal Apex 50cc quads in the US this year ! In 30 days , if I am found to be wrong , you may tell me so .
marc

tireman43
01-31-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by d44
yes dblacks i have one on order but not giving up drx yet we will do some test runs and see what happens

Now I'm confused. So do you have a DRR and you are considering the Apex to replace it? The DRR support is the best in the market. Its' better then even Honda or Polaris. Why would anyone give that up? I know for a fact(personal experience) that if your Apex has a problem they won't stand behind it. They are considered a "race machine" and do nothing for support.

dblacks
01-31-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by hotquads1
I would like to see this happen , competition makes all products and prices better(the american way).
BUT...
.. I am going to make a prediction here , there will be no legal Apex 50cc quads in the US this year ! In 30 days , if I am found to be wrong , you may tell me so .
marc

why is this quad not ATVA legal?

tireman43
01-31-2008, 09:08 AM
I believe that Marc is refering to the "stock" class. The new Apex is 44" wide and that is not legal width for this class. I would assume that you can run it in the "production" class though unless there is an issue in that class also.

*EDIT*
This website states that it is certified:http://www.westcoastquads.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=1920

I just looked and can't find the rules stating anything but 41" max width.

dblacks
01-31-2008, 09:29 AM
so what about the 44 wide DRX 50's that were available?
I am guessing that DRR stopped making them 44 wide to keep ATVA happy.

hotquads1
01-31-2008, 10:14 AM
the 44' DRR 50's also were not legal for stock limited class , although still a good platform for the modded classes, The Apex 50 will be a new model , therefore has to meet several criteria with atva to be condsidered even for the production classes, I do not think they can meet these requirements in time for approval for the 08' season , deadline is 3-15-08. not only the width , but the suspension travel would not be legal in 50 stock limited class.
marc

d44
01-31-2008, 10:16 AM
so that ever body knows i'm a drr dealer and yes i have several drx's that we race these are race mach. i do not expect a warr. nor would i ask for one if it brakes fix it don't cry about it

hotquads1
01-31-2008, 10:27 AM
. Production Rule: OEM motor and matching frame combination model required. Frame geometry must remain as designed by the OEM, including all suspension pivot points. Engine modifications, frame reinforcements, and aftermarket A-arms, swing-arms and suspension are permitted. No engine displacement reduction permitted. Custom frames are not permitted. AMA homologation required, i.e., 100 identical machines available. ..
..For a motorcycle/minicycle to be approved, the manufacturer
must apply to the AMA, register the machine’s specifications,
provide photographs and prove that 100 identical,
completed machines of the same model are available for sale
to the general public at multiple dealer showrooms throughout
all six AMA regions
ATV RULES
A. Recognized Classes for ATV Competition Events
*1. For an ATV to eligible for the stock or production classes,
the machine must be approved by the AMA. Adult & Youth
ATV’s must be homologated no later than March 15th of the
year. An approved list of ATV’s will be made available by
March 15th (Youth and Adult) on the ATVA/AMA Website
and printed in the Official AMA/ATVA publications in the
spring
These are some quotes from the rule book
these obstacles will need to be addressed, before any chance of being made legal

the biggest hurdle will be homologation. dont think there is enough time . maybe for the 09' season. In its current form it will never be legal for stock limited 50 . IMO
marc

tireman43
01-31-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by d44
so that ever body knows i'm a drr dealer and yes i have several drx's that we race these are race mach. i do not expect a warr. nor would i ask for one if it brakes fix it don't cry about it

I'm not trying to start a big fight, but you're not starting out on the right foot here in the DRR section. You come in spouting about the new Apex 50 being the next big thing and then you state that you are a DRR dealer. I don't get what your trying to do?? Is it to throw a little dry humor in or is it that you are really considering a switch?

Since I'm asking things. What is your position then on the DRR swinger problem or pipe problem? These are problems that DRR is standing behind, but are you doing the same since these are "race quads" and we shouldn't cry when they break? Things that make ya go hummmmmm.

Sorry to go off topic guys.:ermm:

dblacks
01-31-2008, 11:40 AM
I am so glad we are done with the 50 class, so much controversy and the season hasnt started for most of us yet......

d44
01-31-2008, 12:00 PM
i'm not a big dealer but all the ones i sold i replaced the swing arm with the shorter one before custmer picked up quad no issuses and i never said anything bad about drr my son is on his fourth one in two years which was my choice to replace them his frist one still being race with no mechanical problems as for apex i have not seen it in preson yet would i stop selling drrs no way all i said was drr has a apex 50 to run against now who will stand out at finsh line competion is good but come on 9.5 inches of travel diff. pipe anti fibe.stem all stock we run a class were you have to run stock out of box quad except motor internals the pipe should help to

tireman43
01-31-2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the clarification. That is what I was asking.

I will still take the DRR any day. However I see your point as the new Apex has some trick stuff stock.

Kevin

ecmini1
01-31-2008, 06:56 PM
Here are some picturs of the swing arm and long travel a- arms the 50cc will be ready for release on March 15th.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/bigworm3699/08MXRLT011.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/bigworm3699/08MXRLT020.jpg
IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/bigworm3699/08MXRLT009.jpg[/IMG]
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/bigworm3699/08MXRLT008.jpg
IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/bigworm3699/08MXRLT006.jpg[/IMG]
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/bigworm3699/08MXRLT005.jpg

quadscrib
01-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by tireman43

I cant find that rule either....?

quadscrib
01-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by tireman43

I cant find that rule either....?

tom450r
01-31-2008, 08:33 PM
can i list you as my dealer? no warranty fixes & you pay for improvements out of pocket for customers? a dealer warr. sounds good to me. who would want free upgraded parts? i do hope your joking.
Originally posted by d44

dblacks
01-31-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by ecmini1
Here are some picturs of the swing arm and long travel a- arms the 50cc will be ready for release on March 21st.

Guess I am really confused now.

If it is getting released on March 21'st how does it end up on ATVA's list on March 15th? I understood it as 100 units had to be sold by March 15th to make it atva legal.

awesome pics of it

humboldt hills
02-01-2008, 04:42 AM
cpl things'
1st pix look good. Don't like the way the front shox mount at all. Swinger looks real nice though.
Bottom line is, we, the DRR dealers of america, have a great reputation and dd4 sounds a little harsh on some issues. The shorter swinger is going to affect the performance of the 90's. When we had warranty replacement on the +2 swinger, we just gussetted the replacement swnger. DRR will take care the dealers cost on just about any issue. It is the responsibility of the dealer to see that the customer is taken care of. BY just fixing things yourself, out of your pocket, you are taking a hit, and the customer is not getting the service they deserve.

My theory on the apex vs drr thing, they are about the same out of the box. The problem is when they need fixed. Even though they are race bikes, they are very newly developed machines and its in the factories best interest to address the real issues so they can be fixed. This creates a real customer/dealer/factory relationship that will pay off in the realm of "all things considered" fro a newer machine. DRR has this relationship established. Apex is not concerned with it, because they have the "it just cost us money to fix it" moto. In the next few years we will see who will stand out as a household name.
Sorry to get off topic, this thread has gotten all over the place.
just couldn't help myself

Nichols Atvs
02-01-2008, 05:18 AM
The new apex 90 lt is up on ebay in yellow

hotquads1
02-01-2008, 07:43 AM
This is copied from the ATVA rule book atv section #6

4. With rider in normal riding position with hands on handlebars,
there must be a bend in the elbows, fingers must reach
all control levers. A rider in a standing position on foot pegs
must have 3 inches of space between seat and rider inseam.
Youth 4-Wheel
Class 1: 0-50cc Stock 1 (4-8 yrs) Stock class 1 is a 41 inch
max width, 41 inch max wheelbase and a max of 4 inch of
suspension travel.

marc

bulldogfallon
02-01-2008, 07:56 AM
First off....Let's congratulate Apex on their new models

They look real nice and have raised the bar, but this is not something DRR hasn't been planning for.

These units are not a surpise to us....

Once again you will see that no matter who brings a product to market that service and support is still going to be a huge factor in the long term success of the line up.

DRR can bring any quad they want into the U.S., but if it doesn't allow the other companies that keep the market going, then there will be no support for the market.

Where will the Dave Carters, ATV 4 Plays, XFRs, Fox and Elkas type companies focus their business? Which engine builder will be able to stay in business when their work is copied?

This is why DRR brings a product that has great value, but not with every single mod included. I believe in this manner of doing business and take pride in that type of conduct.

Of course as the consumer it may cost you a little more, but when you need support where are you going to get it and for how much?

DRR will continue to improve their product line and offer top notch service and provide a great value to market at a fair price .

ecmini1
02-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Gary,

Those words are well put.
Not all products are for everyone. I think its more who will take care of you/customer the best that goes further.

As anything goes someone will always rasie the bar.

humboldt hills
02-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Gary, Thats what I was trying to say.
Yours is worded so much more politly, you can tell you have sold DRRs longer than me...JK

cheatermtrsprts
02-01-2008, 07:21 PM
I also will agree that the new Apex is a nice piece. As someone mentioned before, with DRR, you have a great customer/dealer/distributor/factory relationship. Not so much with Apex, I can tell you first hand. If another brand ups the bar a little, I'm sure DRR is not too far behind, if it is not already in the works. The main thing is every quad made, big or mini, has issues. To myself and my customers what matters is how it is handled. I have never dealt with a better company than DRR. Period. Just my .02

mxdad423
02-01-2008, 07:39 PM
I think the Dave Carters will still be around, because even with the new apex anybody that is been around racing knows that stock parts are not going to be as good as something that Dave can build, not in quality or performance, and I can garuntee that...Now what I am going to say is not a bash against DRR so please don't take it that way....The DRR is by far a great machine and built really well but look most serious racers are still replacing the A-arms with Dave's set up, because again it's stock and not going to perform as well as something that Dave put's alot of R&D into.....

As far as the 41" rule in the 50 class, like previously noted, it is in the AMA rule book and the ATVA rule book, the 41" only applies to the 50's.....

Kevin Smitley

Spam Removed

quadscrib
02-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by hotquads1
This is copied from the ATVA rule book atv section #6

4. With rider in normal riding position with hands on handlebars,
there must be a bend in the elbows, fingers must reach
all control levers. A rider in a standing position on foot pegs
must have 3 inches of space between seat and rider inseam.
Youth 4-Wheel
Class 1: 0-50cc Stock 1 (4-8 yrs) Stock class 1 is a 41 inch
max width, 41 inch max wheelbase and a max of 4 inch of
suspension travel.

marc
Now that Ive read your post I did remember reading that and have now found it...Thanx Hotquad1 youve been helpfull

guy310
02-01-2008, 11:46 PM
FYI - ATVA Homologation is 100 units in the United States available for sale to public, not 100 units sold.

hotquads1
02-02-2008, 08:26 AM
I am not bashing APEX, just informing potential buyers of the risk they are taking if they purchase before homologation is met.
unless APEx sends out free product to its dealers in the 6 AMA regions , they will have to "sell" those units to the dealers in order to have them available to the general public for retail in those 6 regions. One location on the west coast retailing thru EBAY will not , meet the homologation demands. This is the hurdle that will be difficult to achieve by 3-15-08. IMO
The clock is ticking ! and if I am found to be wrong , I will be the first to congradulate APEX on pulling this off in such a short time.
marc

ecmini1
02-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Marc, You said Homo lol

I like that BIG word homologation. I had to look that one up. lol

:D

markvette
02-02-2008, 05:51 PM
when the cobras were approved for atva there was not 100 at dealers to sell. they were in a warehouse and doug morris went there to see them. i believe if they let cobra do that then they would let apex do it too.

Mark

hotquads1
02-02-2008, 07:53 PM
I guess we will know in about 39 days.
marc

drr5
02-03-2008, 07:49 AM
you were right about the cobra deal , but as we all know that invovled legality and money issues than you can shake a stick at, i personaly think thatr whole deal took the credibility of the atva rule book and threw it to the wind, not that this really had an impact on mine or my kids racing , we live to far from most nationals to care if they do or dont allow the apexs to race. but if history tells us anything the atva will let the apex compete , its only for the good of the sport! well thats what somebody would say anyway just my 2 cent

wrhracing
02-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Steven623
If thats the true width, I don't think it will be approved for the stock/limited classes. I think there is a reason why the drr 50's are 41" wide. If DRR 50's were 44" wide they have to run in the production 50 class, with cobras and other hopped up 50cc racers.

Turning the wheels around on the Apex and it meets width .
When Riley was on a 50 DRR we met the width requirement with the Douglas wheels but would have been over by about 125 thousanths. so there was machining done to make sure if we got protested for width we would pass. Most All others with the douglas wheels were too wide. Proven by a protest the previous year.
Be careful throwing stones in glass houses. It says maximum 41" not 41" plus 125 thousanths. (41 1/8 ").
Our suspension was also greater than 4" with stock components. Nobody protested.
historically one dad protested select DRR's at the National for width, many were found illegal thru the technicallity of less than 1/4", This 1/4" did not make these kids faster than his son but made the machine inelligable for points at the end of the weekend. Dakota Richardson , WRH,DRR rider, was not found to be too wide. He did learn what words like protest, disqualification, cheater, select others meant. All had nothing to do with how great he had ridden.
On the brighter side, The ATVA and other sanction organizers have given CVT's their own classes to race in. I suggest not stinking it up by bickering about small things. Promoters get tired of "MINI" parents always crying to them. It can always go back to the way it was .... No CVT only classes.... Then whose crying?
The kids have a lot of fun , I think the parents should adhere to the same policy as the kids.. Learn to get along and have a very enjoyable race career with your son or daughter. They'll be getting old sooner than you think. JMO:muscle:

mxdad423
02-03-2008, 08:30 AM
Billy I agree with you, something as little as this does not make the machine win a race, it all comes back to who the better rider is...I know exactly what you are saying about the bickering of the mini parents, we have a few like that in our district and we always here about it.....Even if it's only a couple that do it, it reflects on all of us and like you said could hurt all of us in the end...

Kevin Smitley

pnbsdad
02-03-2008, 09:18 AM
WRH is right that we should stop picking on all the little things and just have fun. I know that most of the track owners I have talked to get sick of the mini mom and dads. If we keep it up there wont be anywhere to race. I know we have met a lot of good people at the track and made some good friends as well as our kids have to. Thats what it is all about! :)

mxdad423
02-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by pnbsdad
WRH is right that we should stop picking on all the little things and just have fun. I know that most of the track owners I have talked to get sick of the mini mom and dads. If we keep it up there wont be anywhere to race. I know we have met a lot of good people at the track and made some good friends as well as our kids have to. Thats what it is all about! :)

Couldn't of said it any better......

Kevin Smitley

quad1rider
02-03-2008, 10:32 AM
Hmm where do I start...Everyone is making good points here let me give some of my insite...

First with the homo issue>>>LOL I would believe that listing on ebay which is a world wide not just in states selling platform would constitute having met the standards if the qty available was 100...

Second Dave carter produces DRR items to relace OEM parts to change them in performance not to replace them OEM wise IE... long travel vs stock which is not long travel..

Third there will be no rule changes to allow the 44 inch wide Apex but its overall width can be changed to make it work ,,, what I mean is the oem rims are turned to make it 44 wide..and it will be the same as the DRR in chasis width which will allow it to be entered this is not my own knowledge i got it from a Apex dealer,,CAlif

Forth mini parents will always be an issue unless they only...REPEAT THAT >>>>ONLY change to all production classes This happens in the 50cc bike classes to so dont put down mini as in quad parents ...anytime a parent cheats it helps nobody...

Here's a for example: I found that changing the stock crank in any DRR puts it over the Stock Limited 50CC as stated before not 50.00001cc LOL but it seems all are doing this...Be prepared to be protested for your crankkkk>>>> I dont know why but it seems some parents have no better sense than the 4 year old they let ride ...Dont be caught cheating its a bad sticker to put on your childs quad

howmuchnow
02-03-2008, 11:04 AM
I like the no cvt class thought, might speed the day up. Buy a cobra and be done with it. Kep bickering and maybe it will go back to the way it should be 50-vs-5, 70-vs-70 and 90-vs 90.Force the manfactures to keep pace w/ cobra if they want to play the game.

forgiven
02-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Yeah that would be brilliant. Everyone has to spend at least 7000 for your kids quad. If that wouldn't kill the sport or at very least it would turn the sport into the "haves" and the "have nots"

I think the LT Apex could be a nice little machine, but for the money I still think it is a little overpriced but that is my opinion. For a few hundred more I can put the A4P on the DRR and still have great support and what I would consider a better setup than the stock Apex LT so for me it is still DRR, but I sure it will sway some.

Any time we can advance the sport or raise the bar I am all for it. The end result is that our kids get better machines to ride which is what it is all about.

I really dislike the bickering over what I consider technicalities but I know the line has to be drawn somewhere. I just wish some of those parents could see what example it sets for our kids. We are already living in a society which looks for loopholes or angles to get what they want or make sure someone else doesn't get what they want and it is sad. I haven't been really involved in the riding scene since I was a kid but, back then everyone seemed to help everyone and I really wish that it could go back to times like that but as sponsorships get bigger and the stakes get bigger it is very hard to do. Oh crud...just realized I was getting philosophical again...sorry. Let us all just try to be good examples because our kids are watching :D

wrhracing
02-03-2008, 02:31 PM
And when your at the starting line of a National , after watching qualifiers, you'll then know these little things really don't matter in the end results. It's the rider.
You will also want to be at the starting line and be able to speak to all the parents.
There is a agreement at the Nationals about what generally is and isn't going to be protested.
If it's legal you'll voluntarily tear it down or measure it. If you want to. If they pay and you are legal, it's a cool way to get gas money. :D

humboldt hills
02-03-2008, 04:35 PM
MAn I am glad don't race MX.
In gncc's nearly every quad that isn't on the front row is cheating according to the gncc rules. Seems like no one protest because it doesn't matter as much, I guess.

quad1rider
02-04-2008, 08:39 AM
GNCC racer's dont get mad but I think gncc's are alot more fun but I dont want my kid smacken a tree. Its all about getting mud and dirt in your eye.. which I think is why most dont care it's all fun...

Now as far as MX its more jumps and techy crap and speed and not done for fun it's for sport and competition....which I know they both are but somebody forgot to tell a bunch of parents that.

My first time at a pure stock race 3 or 4 years ago a winning parent came to me and said if you want it to go better I can tell you where to take it ....MY SON JUST TURNED 4 ,,,2 days before and this was his first time out on the track and they started telling us how to cheat...

THERE WILL ALWAYS be CHEATERS and those people will never go away till the ATVA/AMA make a harsher punishment for violators... LIKE 1st time offense. 1500.00 fine or never race a track again second time gone for a true race year. They wont do it because everyone depends on the money they use to cheat... THE DEALER< mechanic PARTS< promoters and ATVA/AMA as well Dont you agree??????

quadscrib
02-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Winning by cheating... even when competing agains cheaters is NOT a win....just bull####.
I race B class in district 14... we are pretty open as far as the rules go.. I ALWAYS comes down to ONE thing... THE RIDER!!!!
I have $20,000.00 in my quad just to get where I get... and Ive been smoked by TOTAL stock quads...THE RIDER.
Yes in a limited class then stretching "the limit" may provide a little advantage but its still an Fin cheat!!!
Anyway weve gotten off track on this thread (though Ive like what Ive read here).
I PERSONALLY get NO satisfaction for My kid to win cheating...
what good is that for anyone?
I had to buy my kid a better quad so he had ANY chance (Had a Pred.50 before) and now its up to HIS skills, If I F his quad around so IT wins and not him what have I done?.... Im screwing him!!! NOT COOL

quad1rider
02-04-2008, 10:59 AM
I'll tell why I'm so against cheating I had done it ONCE and I didnt get caught ...I mean protested but someone knew ME!!! and to top it off another parent said to me you did to much to fast... now i didnt think about it then .... but after awhile his comment burnt me he knew but then again he said TOO Fast as to back it down and I would have been ok....

I then realized the win was not a win and I then became the one watching for the improvements to quickly and I found one and politely said next week it better be right !! Thing is nobody wants caught and they get mad as if they did nothing wrong...

I am glad my son is good enough that it's not even a question in my mind to cheat, but for the ones that modify the stator's drill the carbs and modify the stock crank to make it a stuffer you guys are all cheating the quad runs but you better have deep pockets because this year ATVA's doug morris said there will definately be random teardowns in every class just to try an fix this issue.... I dont understand why they dont just fine these people.

mxkids
02-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Cheating is Cheating no matter how you look at it.

We have never cheated and never will. Either my boys will win with what they have or they want. Plan and simple. I agree, if you do cheat and let your kids get the WIN, what are you teaching them?

The problem at the races is people assume someone is cheating. Instead of doing a protest they just start saying well such and such is cheating. If you want to know put up the money or shut up. Until you do a protest YOU are only assuming.

We have never protested anyone. The way I look at it is: If you have to cheat to beat my sons and you can lay down and go to sleep each night nowing this, and still sleep good. Go far it.

Sonia

hotquads1
02-04-2008, 11:43 AM
I dont know how this thread ended up here but , I would like to add a comment . Granted some are cheating and getting away with it , and then others are being accused because they are just very good riders. so some of the parents at the ATVA nationals have discussed volunteer tear downs of the winners just to quiet the unjust rumors . the people who are legal will invite tear downs, it is quiet satisfying.
quad1rider, I think ATVA condsiders stuffer cranks of the correct stroke to be a legal "internal engine mod" although stroke must remain under the 50cc limit. However I understand this year they will crackdown on such practices as blocking the oil injection off, and premixing the fuel ( a common practice in the past). After the first breakdown and someone comes up out of compliance , then everyone will comply in order not to be embarressed. I am all for the rules being inforced and will gladly teardown my kids bike without pay . So clean up those infractions and lets not embarrass our children by having them tagged as cheaters ( when it is dad that lacks good jugement).
marc

pnbsdad
02-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Hot well said i would gladly tear mine down because i know it is legal. The one thing that I don't like about the racing are the parents that cheat. Look if you kid can beat my kid fair and square i'm ok with that.My sons still have a good time. But when a dad can't win the right way then they only hurt t here kids. So tear them down guys and lets have a great year of racing.

dirttrack86
02-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Hot Quads is on the right track. I have talked and talked to Doug and smitty about forced top 2 teardowns in mini. But it takes more than one person tickling their ear.
So please stop complaining about cheaters and cheating on this thread, lets talk about friendly and constructive things, remember, there are a lot of junior eyes reading these threads. And Call Doug about this subject, if enough of us talk to him directly, then action will be taken. In a calm, respectful manner.:) Except for Mikey Gleason, we all know he's running a 450 in that cobra !:p :p :D Just Kidding.

quad1rider
02-04-2008, 09:44 PM
hey now that's what I'm talking about a bunch of great people talking about people that disrespect our sport... Now that I found you guys ... I'll be the big guy with the short hair and the best BBQ at any national ATVA race come see me... I'll shake your hand..

John Vargo no# 80's DAD 50 cc 4-6 mod stock , 50 & 70 pro

hotquads1
02-05-2008, 08:06 AM
BBQ ! count me in.
marc

alig64
02-07-2008, 01:22 PM
If anyone is interested i have develpoed a way to squeeze a yamaha 350 banchee motor into a drx, their is a little milling required in this process so i'll need your stck drx50 cases, oh and we're working on fabricating a oil injector pump to fit in behind the flywheel. you know to keep it stock limited legal. it is a single speed. We got the gearring down. it's a little slow for about the first 20 feet or so off the gate, but after that whatch out!!! We had our friends from NASA stop by the shop to check the speed (our local sheriff's department radar gun wasn't even registering) it's a tad under mach 2. So if anyone is interested I can take care of this for you for um lets see oh.... 20 bucks should do. (I like to take care of my customers) .Please read the fine print before you make this finiancial commitment.

(this is the small print)
Before we ship the motor to you you must sign our disclaimer. Their is a small processing for the paper work. (well with all the prices of fuel, and the illegal imigrant worker fines we have to pay)the processing fee it only 36 easy payments of 29.99.
The disclaimer is basically this a race motor, competion use only, blah blah blah you or others my be harmed or killed (most likely if your killed you will be harmed first, but you'll be dead and then everyone will forget the lesser part).
oh yea these motors will only run on our specially formulated fuel. but our fuel is no where near the cost of your fuel getting to the race. Our fuel ballparks for about $250 per barrell. We can only sell per barrell, no splitting with your buddy either!! This ain't Shoney's. make sure when ordering to load up, because the barrels are only 1/2 gallon, or 64oz. , or 1892.7059 cc figure it however you like.
We wher researching a fueless model , but big brother shut us down.
So now we are looking into a quad that can run off the methane gas produced in the holding tank of you RV, Sweety fire up those beans, and pass around the Metamucil. we're going racing.

p.s. This whole not cheating thing, don't listen to all that whoey. Here at http//www.WE'VEGOTMOREMONEYTHANYOURACING .COM . It's not about integrity, or honor, or having good teachable moments for you kids, it's about winning, and that's it, so when you little one is up on that podium with their 7 dollar trophy, you can snap your camera and stick you chest out and say " YEAH my kid beat your kid, you and your family suck"..

"we only buy imported parts and hire illegal workers"

Proudly built in America by mexicans

GOD BLESS THE USA

mxkids
02-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by alig64
If anyone is interested i have develpoed a way to squeeze a yamaha 350 banchee motor into a drx, their is a little milling required in this process so i'll need your stck drx50 cases, oh and we're working on fabricating a oil injector pump to fit in behind the flywheel. you know to keep it stock limited legal. it is a single speed. We got the gearring down. it's a little slow for about the first 20 feet or so off the gate, but after that whatch out!!! We had our friends from NASA stop by the shop to check the speed (our local sheriff's department radar gun wasn't even registering) it's a tad under mach 2. So if anyone is interested I can take care of this for you for um lets see oh.... 20 bucks should do. (I like to take care of my customers) .Please read the fine print before you make this finiancial commitment.

Before we ship the motor to you you must sign our disclaimer. Their is a small processing for the paper work. (well with all the prices of fuel, and the illegal imigrant worker fines we have to pay)the processing fee it only 36 easy payments of 29.99.
The disclaimer is basically this a race motor, competion use only, blah blah blah you or others my be harmed or killed (most likely if your killed you will be harmed first, but you'll be dead and then everyone will forget the lesser part).
oh yea these motors will only run on our specially formulated fuel. but our fuel is no where near the cost of your fuel getting to the race. Our fuel ballparks for about $250 per barrell. We can only sell per barrell, no splitting with your buddy either!! This ain't Shoney's. make sure when ordering to load up, because the barrels are only 1/2 gallon, or 64oz. , or 1892.7059 cc figure it however you like.
So now we are looking into a quad that can run off the methane gas produced in the holding tank of you RV, Sweety fire up those beans, and pass around the Metamucil. we're going racing.

p.s. This whole not cheating thing, don't listen to all that whoey. Here at http//www.WE'VEGOTMOREMONEYTHANYOURACING .COM . It's not about integrity, or honor, or having good teachable moments for you kids, it's about winning, and that's it, so when you little one is up on that podium with their 7 dollar trophy, you can snap your camera and stick you chest out and say " YEAH my kid beat your kid, you and your family suck"..

GOD BLESS THE USA

Thats a pretty good one Alig.

jread14
02-07-2008, 02:20 PM

GOD BLESS THE USA

WOW! That would have taken me a month to think of all that! Pretty funny though!

hotquads1
02-07-2008, 02:49 PM

GOD BLESS THE USA

i will take 2, if you accept pesos
marc

Nichols Atvs
02-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Where do i send my cases and i would like 2 Barrels of the fuel .
Oh ya about the money do you want the tan 100s or the orange 500 s . and if you want i can put your picture on it also free of charge of course because this is such a great deal and the 36 easy paymentsmakes it so much better. Can i have this by this tuseday i dont want my racing buddys to know . I JUST LOVE WINNING. :devil: :devil:

PS I dont need the oil pump . My rules state that every quad is modified and exhaust is optional . Just show up with your orange 500s cause thats all they take . And have Fun.

Nichols Atvs
02-07-2008, 03:02 PM
You have to check out this web site its got more stuff on it you just wouldnt believe .

http//www.WE'VEGOTMOREMONEYTHANYOURACING .COM

(Allmost forgot you will need the blue 50s to sign in)
Password is WINNER

tireman43
02-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Wow I was hoping to be the first at the track with this mod.:D :D :D :D I guess the secret is out...oh well on to the 500 quadzilla motor. Need to keep it 2-stroke so it's not to obvious.

Nice post alig. Funny stuff.

hotquads1
02-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by d44

only 29 days left

#404's Dad
03-22-2008, 04:51 PM
If they are anything at all like the previous Apex,s they can keep'em!! The 90cc MXRs have never impressed me, very cheaply built bikes imho.

quadscrib
03-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Well all I can say is if ya go read the posts on the Apex forum its not all the happiness and praise that it is here.. alot of "We just broke @#@$# ...again..."type stuff there.

markvette
03-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by quadscrib
Well all I can say is if ya go read the posts on the Apex forum its not all the happiness and praise that it is here.. alot of "We just broke @#@$# ...again..."type stuff there.

where did you see that at, i just checked the first page of the apex forum and only saw one thread about a broken part and they had hit a tree. man its like chevy verses ford, its all in what your flavor is. neither one is better than the other. i can sit and compare all day, come up with negatives and positives on both quads. like the days we ran minis and people thought the kasea was the best. oh it had a foot brake but it was mechanical. eton had a rear hydro disc brake but it was hand controlled. get the idea, i can do this all day but what will it prove and solve, they are both good quads, you like yours and they like theirs so why all the mud slinging. run it, enjoy it and leave the other guys to do the same thing. im done now but i went through this years ago and it is not very constructive.

Mark

quadscrib
03-22-2008, 06:35 PM
Well I shouldnt reply but sounds like yer all wound up... check the dates of the posts on this thread, I actually just replied to the one above AND a month or so ago when I last read the Apex forum thats all I read and to be honest at our local races last year were several parents complaining bout them.....ALOT! And several very happy DRR owners..WAY before I ever even read this forum. Or had an opinion one way or another.
You are right (I guess) I suppose its a Chevy Vs. Ford type deal and I wrote what I wrote here in the DRR forum not over at the Apex forum where Id be out of line to do that...just like the "Richard Cranium" who started THIS thread.:devil:

markvette
03-22-2008, 07:07 PM
not wound up just think this is a nil point been there done that and have worked on and built every brand. they all have good and bad. none of these were built to do what is done with them. not long ago i saw a lot of drr owners complaining about their swing arms, and the drr's break gears too. not putting the quad down just making the point they all break and none are perfect. again not wound up just all mini quad owners should work together to make all of them better for the kids.

Mark

#404's Dad
03-22-2008, 07:16 PM
;-)

quadscrib
03-22-2008, 10:51 PM
I DO agree.. Just added my two pennies to the comment above mine ... that's all. I did quite my fair share of research before spending my (very precious) 2 G's that's all... and this IS the DRR forum. Not really wanting to cause an issue but again look at the beginning of THAT particular thread and you cant really *****.