PDA

View Full Version : problems with yfzs?

wayfastwhitey69
01-30-2008, 08:54 PM
think i might be getting a yfz and just wonderin what are some of things i gotta look out for?

Toadz400
01-31-2008, 07:14 AM
Only problem I've had with mine is I can't wipe the damn smile off my face after riding it. Especially this past weekend when I rode for the first time in 6 months!:D

Do a search if you want all the info...'04-'05's SOME had a charging problem and the battery would eventually drain if you didn't ride with the lights on. '04-'06's didn't have sufficient oil supply to the bottom of the piston so in '07 they added an oil squirter and a high flow oil pump. The subframes are not the strongest and because of how it's designed it puts a lot of stress on the top of the frame so in hardcore racing or wrecks the frame tends to break in one spot. This can be fixed with gusseting (which you should do whenever you race or ride something hard) and with either subframe brace supports or an aftermarket 6 point subframe.

250r4life
01-31-2008, 09:58 AM
the only problem i have is finding other bikes that will give me a decent race...

:devil:

there is quite a bit of truth to that...

however, there will always be those banshees that are done up right that just scream... last weekend at glamis i lost to 2 bikes- both banshees... i had them through the whoops, and then they just pulled me ugly...

#17YFZRACER
02-01-2008, 11:29 AM
about a month after i got mine i yard darted the front end in the ground off a big double and snapped my collar bone (don't do it, it sucked something awful). my subframe had only a slight tweek in it after flipping over . just had to put a bar through it and re-bent it.:D i thought it was pretty strong:confused: