PDA

View Full Version : Sparks X-6 Pipe. What Do You Think ?

tanner 222
01-30-2008, 07:18 PM
whats your opinions on these pipes ?

live2ride777
01-30-2008, 08:26 PM
i hate to high jack a thread... but also opinions on the Baldwin pipe?

feature05
01-30-2008, 08:31 PM
I absolutely love mine. I have the full big core version X-6. It has a deep mean sound to it. Its very light weight compared to the stock exhaust. It made a world of difference with the intake and PCIII also. I have a video of it on youtube. Here is the link.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q8DITVulsiA

Actually the video doesn't really do it justice on the sound. Trust me, it is pretty loud. Here are the results from the FUELATV dyno runs:

Sparks Racing pipe - BIG CORE version
Peak HP - 45.72
Max Torque - 32.62
107 db at 3750 RPM

01-30-2008, 08:41 PM
a buddy of mine has the sparks pipe. i had it on a yfz and loved it. i hated it on the kfx. same mods just he runs sparks and i run dasa. and you can tell the difference way to much. sparks is a good pipe tho either way. baldwin are pretty much hmf exhausts. Just like dasa and rage are pretty much the same.

tanner 222
01-31-2008, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by walshyfz86
a buddy of mine has the sparks pipe. i had it on a yfz and loved it. i hated it on the kfx. same mods just he runs sparks and i run dasa. and you can tell the difference way to much. sparks is a good pipe tho either way. baldwin are pretty much hmf exhausts. Just like dasa and rage are pretty much the same.

so do you like the sparks better than the dasa cuz im actually debating on either sparks or dasa

tanner 222
01-31-2008, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by feature05
I absolutely love mine. I have the full big core version X-6. It has a deep mean sound to it. Its very light weight compared to the stock exhaust. It made a world of difference with the intake and PCIII also. I have a video of it on youtube. Here is the link.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q8DITVulsiA

Actually the video doesn't really do it justice on the sound. Trust me, it is pretty loud. Here are the results from the FUELATV dyno runs:

Sparks Racing pipe - BIG CORE version
Peak HP - 45.72
Max Torque - 32.62
107 db at 3750 RPM

is there a powerloss between the normal core and big core ? cuz i live in a sudivision and also our racing series hates loud pipes so i think ill go with the normal core but is there a big difference in power ?

feature05
01-31-2008, 09:03 AM
The big core was designed to help with giving a quad a higher top end over the standard core. Thats pretty much the only difference. Due to top end with the KFX not being so great, thats why I choose the big core.

With powerloss I couldn't tell you, I haven't seen the actual dyno sheets, I've only seen the numbers that were produced after each dyno run.

Here is a link to one of the other threads that has all the results. It was done by FuelATV.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=310870&perpage=13&pagenumber=2

tanner 222
01-31-2008, 09:25 AM
thats great. thanks for the info ! one more question tho. about the ceramic coating. is it really worth the money or can you go without having it, for what its worth ?

08mxkfx
01-31-2008, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by walshyfz86
hey dont be hating my sparks!! and remember you got a fuel intake and mine wasnt installed :rolleyes: haha

feature05
01-31-2008, 10:38 PM
Well I dont have the ceramic coated header, but honestly I felt that the sparks stainless header stayed a lot cooler than the titanium stock header that came with the KFX. Well thats just my opinion. I haven't had any heat problems or burning my leg so I've never been interested in that, but maybe somebody else has some better knowledge than me on this.

feature05
01-31-2008, 10:41 PM
just a pic of how the sparks looks