PDA

View Full Version : LT Shock ?'s Motowoz, Elka, Custom Axis......

z40021
01-30-2008, 06:57 PM
I have been looking for some used shocks but I cant seem to find any right now. Needless to say is I am starting to think about going with new so I can get some and had ? on some brands. I was wondering if anyone have ever ran the Motowoz LT shocks? If so what did you think of them? I have heard mixxed reviews about Elka so what do you think of yours? And how do you like your custom axis shocks? Also if you have ran multiple different LT shock brands what did you think about them? How did they compare? Which were better?

I have a 03 z400 with Walsh LT +3 MX A-arms.
Or if you have any brand LT shocks forsale PM me.

Any help is very apriciated.

WB450r
01-30-2008, 08:48 PM
All i have to say is that i love my LT Motowoz shocks...these are the first LT shocks that i have owned and prolly the last...Absolutely awesome...

Honda#4
01-31-2008, 06:48 AM
I would'nt trade anything for my Custom Axis, the way they soak up every little bump it's like riding on a cloud I lovem to death.

jandjracing
01-31-2008, 09:18 AM
I think it is easy for most riders to have to "love" thier shocks. Shocks are a major cost to building a nice handling quad, and it seems we are forced to like our new shocks due to how much $$$ was spent on them. I would and have felt like crap spending a lot of money on something and then not liking it. I have had many different brands and types of shocks and consider myself partially knowlegable on shock tuning and quad setup. I suck at spelling though. After my first purchase of Motowoz shocks, I was speachless. You will not give Motowoz up once you own a set.

WB450r
01-31-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by jandjracing
I think it is easy for most riders to have to "love" thier shocks. Shocks are a major cost to building a nice handling quad, and it seems we are forced to like our new shocks due to how much $$$ was spent on them. I would and have felt like crap spending a lot of money on something and then not liking it. I have had many different brands and types of shocks and consider myself partially knowlegable on shock tuning and quad setup. I suck at spelling though. After my first purchase of Motowoz shocks, I was speachless. You will not give Motowoz up once you own a set.

AGREED!!!

z40021
01-31-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by jandjracing

Y, I know what your saying. The main Q I am asking is just if say you ran elkas and switched to axis or so on how did they compare? What did you like better about a certian one and so on.

mx1791
01-31-2008, 10:20 PM
ive rode a couple sets of LT axis, my old ST axis, elka and motowoz. elka SUCKED and nothing will change my mind, ive never rode a good elka. axis felt really nice, i liked mine. but motowoz i gotta say, i liked the most out of the 3

z40021
01-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by mx1791
ive rode a couple sets of LT axis, my old ST axis, elka and motowoz. elka SUCKED and nothing will change my mind, ive never rode a good elka. axis felt really nice, i liked mine. but motowoz i gotta say, i liked the most out of the 3

Thanks that is what I'm looking for. I was thinking Motowoz but wanted some feedback. I could still use some more.

jandjracing
02-01-2008, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by z40021
Y, I know what your saying. The main Q I am asking is just if say you ran elkas and switched to axis or so on how did they compare? What did you like better about a certian one and so on.

A person does not know what they have untill they try all of the avenues. What I am saying is I did not know my old setup sucked untill I got Motowoz. The Elkas I had seemed to have compression and rebound adjusters that must have just been there for looks. The PEP's used alluminum rings to space the crossovers and the bumpstop up...Are you kidding me? Before Motowoz, I thought my stuff was sweet, but turned out it just sucked less than the other shocks I've tried.
Jim@motowoz.com is knowlegable, personable, and great to deal with.

exrider49
02-01-2008, 08:40 AM
i have elka shocks and i thought they were good until i rode my buddys jb pep setup...the peps soak up everything i would feel with my elkas i was speechless and now he is ordering lsr arms and pep pb1 shocks...there suppose to be really good but i will find out when he gets his quad built

nick249420
02-01-2008, 09:54 AM
ive been told elka's tend to fade
especially if you are riding a 1hr plus race they wont be the same as how you started

ALAMX37
02-01-2008, 10:45 AM
I have rode just about every setup out there and IMO Stadium is king. Motowoz is nice but they don't hold a candle to Stadium. Axis are also really good I give them a tie with PEP. It's all about preference, any top dollar shock will shine like a diamond if properly tuned, even elka.

JOEX
02-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
.... It's all about preference, any top dollar shock will shine like a diamond if properly tuned, ....
IMO this statement is what people should pay attention to, especially the 'properly tuned' part.

A shock builder being able to tune a shock to a specific rider can only do a good job if the rider gives accurate and honest specifications of their riding style, skills, and conditions.

wilkin250r
02-02-2008, 03:22 AM
I'll just second what Joe said.

I've known people that said Elka sucked, and Axis was way better. I've also known people that said Axis sucked, and that Elka was way better. Yadda yadda.

Custom shocks have a huge range of setup possibilities. A set of properly-tuned TCS shocks will obviously be better than improperly-tuned Motowoz.

No shock in the world can do everything. You're never going to find a set that will soak up 4ft whoops, huge freestyle jumps, and also roll across rocks and XC terrian like it's floating on air. There's a reason that shock tuners ask your weight, skill level, riding terrain, ect ect.

But the end result, as Joe pointed out above, the shock tuner is only as good as the information he gets...

yfzrider310
02-03-2008, 09:02 PM
how much do these motowoz shocks run for?

z40021
02-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by yfzrider310
how much do these motowoz shocks run for?

They run for 1395 retail but you can get them a performance design racing for 1195. Thats the cheepest I could find them.

korniev
02-04-2008, 03:11 AM
Hey! I rode my buddies Elkas that were obviously not set-up to fit my riding needs, and did not like them at all!!! They seemed the same as my stockers......(I swear)
I got Motowoz for myself, and yes maybe there are better shocks, but I don't think I will ever try those cause I am totally pleased with my Woz.....They just gave me EXACTLY what I wanted from my shocks....
I will stick with them now for sure!