PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the jetting would be with...........

Brauap
01-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by STUNTIN400EX
i live in indianapolis (not real sure the elevation) run a uni filter the airbox lid and snorkel removed and will be purchasing the lexx slip-on what should i re jet to? i would prefer to just pull the carb once so i won't be riding till the exhaust comes in!

tanner 222
01-30-2008, 06:15 PM
im guessing 155 maybe ? if its all stock besides that i doubt youd have to go much higher unless your gonna put a pipe on er too. plus it depends on what your elevation is where you ride too

JOEX
01-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Brauap
I am planning on getting thiese and I dont have a ton a cash (at all) and I suck at jetting so, what do you think the jetting would be for...........

Custom AirBox Lid (as seen here) (its said like running an open air box and a K&N?

Thanks!
What's this custom airbox lid?

01-30-2008, 08:47 PM
i believe its the ones many have been creating almost the exact same as an EHS racing lid where there is an outerwears covering a huge hole in the lid

Brauap
01-31-2008, 05:00 AM
Here! (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3131156#post3131156)

Sorry I forgot to put it up there.

maxfior
01-31-2008, 07:00 AM
#155 Main and a #42 Pilot will be a good place to start, then when you get an aftermarket pipe you'll be ready to go! You might want to have a #152 Main on hand as well, since it might be a little rich. Then you can always toss in the #155 when (and if) you get a pipe. Good luck and let us know how the custom lid comes out, I'm sure it'll look nice!

Max

Brauap
01-31-2008, 12:56 PM
So #155 and a 42? A #152 for a K&N, But, with an open air box, wouldn't that be more than 2 up? (Like I said, I dont know much about jetting!)

my88r
01-31-2008, 01:02 PM
So #155 and a 42? A #152 for a K&N, But, with an open air box, wouldn't that be more than 2 up? (Like I said, I dont know much about jetting!)

it should be 2-3 sizes on the main. depending on the temps. also check plug color and do plug chops.

maxfior
01-31-2008, 01:46 PM

Yep, that'll do! Just go into your local honda shop and as for a #152 (for use without a pipe) and #155 (with a slip on) Main and a #42 Pilot. Your plug color should be okay, since we're both from Ohio. depending on where you are at in the state, you should be in the ball park.

Max

Brauap
01-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Canfield, where do you live? And I am just still in shock. I was told a #152 for a K&N. But #152 for a K&N and an open air box, alright.. I'll be ordering it off of JetsRUs.com here pritty soon.

Brauap
01-31-2008, 02:09 PM
Also, you have a Uni correct? w/ a K&N that there is much more air correct? and w/ a Uni, you dont have to rejet, of my knowlege. So, do you think it would be a #155 or are you positive its 152? I just want to be %100 sure.
Thanks!!

maxfior
01-31-2008, 05:52 PM
Also, you have a Uni correct? w/ a K&N that there is much more air correct? and w/ a Uni, you dont have to rejet, of my knowlege. So, do you think it would be a #155 or are you positive its 152? I just want to be %100 sure.
Thanks!!

You will flow a little more air with the K&N but the stock exhaust is still pretty restrictive, so I would still stick with the #152. Then went (or if) you get a slip-on you'll want the #155. I do have a Uni and Twin-Air. I still think you'll be okay with the #152. Also, rejetting is not really that big of a deal, I use to think it was, but when you do it once or twice you can get to the carb in like 10 minutes, it's not too bad, just make sure that you are working in clean conditions, you don't want to have a lot of mud and dust when you're taking apart the carb. You'll be okay. If you run into trouble just post, we'll help ya out! :)

Max

lorenjr83
01-31-2008, 06:27 PM
do you guys pull your carbs to rejet them? i just pull the plug on the bottom of the carb with a 17mm and use a 1/4" socket on a swivel

my88r
01-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by lorenjr83
do you guys pull your carbs to rejet them? i just pull the plug on the bottom of the carb with a 17mm and use a 1/4" socket on a swivel

ive changed the main once that way. but i always pull the carb.

Brauap
01-31-2008, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by maxfior
You will flow a little more air with the K&N but the stock exhaust is still pretty restrictive, so I would still stick with the #152. Then went (or if) you get a slip-on you'll want the #155. I do have a Uni and Twin-Air. I still think you'll be okay with the #152. Also, rejetting is not really that big of a deal, I use to think it was, but when you do it once or twice you can get to the carb in like 10 minutes, it's not too bad, just make sure that you are working in clean conditions, you don't want to have a lot of mud and dust when you're taking apart the carb. You'll be okay. If you run into trouble just post, we'll help ya out! :)

Max

Thanks, your making me feel alot more cofident!

maxfior
01-31-2008, 07:05 PM
Thanks, your making me feel alot more cofident!

No problem. To answer the other question about pulling the carb, I always do. I just feel that it is better to take the carb out to work on it, you don't have to take the throttle cable out, just be able to move the carb around a little bit. I put a clean towel down on the fram and flip the carb over to work on. This way you can be sure that you are taking things apart with out dropping them and what not. It's VERY easy to change the pilot and main jets this way, you'll be okay Brauap. :)

Max

lorenjr83
01-31-2008, 07:15 PM
When i do mains i think it is much easier to just pull the one plug and your done in less them 5 mins. pilots yeah you gotta take it off

JOEX
01-31-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by lorenjr83
When i do mains i think it is much easier to just pull the one plug and your done in less them 5 mins. pilots yeah you gotta take it off
I agree:) I did change the pilot once with the carb still mounted but it wasn't real easy:ermm:

STUNTIN400EX
04-06-2008, 11:33 AM
not trying 2 hijack, but i did a search and found this thread. i have basically the same question. i live in indianapolis (not real sure the elevation) run a uni filter the airbox lid and snorkel removed and will be purchasing the lexx slip-on what should i re jet to? i would prefer to just pull the carb once so i won't be riding till the exhaust comes in!

Brauap
04-06-2008, 11:36 AM
look at the top, this is now your thread! ;)