PDA

View Full Version : New Mod - 450R Pro Armor PowerGRIPs on a 400EX with stock Heel Guard

08400EX
01-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi Gang,

Been wanting something better than the footpeg extensions I have had on my 400. I really liked the Pro Armor PowerGRIPs, but was told by Pro Armor that they will bolt up but wouldn't work with stock or any aftermarket heels guards. After looking at the images of the Powergrips I was confident I could make them fit very easily. So I found a deal on a set and they were delivered today.

Once they were here it was now even more obvious to me it would be easy. All I needed to do was swap the wide and narrow spacers with each other and move the "zig zag" section from one side to the other. Then drill one small hole to mount the heel guard metal bracket that attaches under the stock pegs.

Less than an hour later I ended up with this, can't wait to ride with them!!

It is also cool that if I ever decide to get aftermarket heel guards and/or nerfs, any of the ones that bolt up to the backside of the pegs should fit.

I will post some better "outside" pics tomorrow after I get my Hipers and iRazrs mounted up.

Slochrane
01-30-2008, 03:55 PM
nice job! cant wait to see the irazr's im trying to decide on tires !

Hondamaster5505
01-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Show that to Pro Armour:D

maybe they'll send you more stuff:devil:

08400EX
01-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
Show that to Pro Armour:D

maybe they'll send you more stuff:devil:

I have been trying to get them to add more products to the 400EX section on their website. I already let them know that their 450R (04-05)Billet Throttle cover, 450R Billet brake master cylinder cover, and 450R Billet P-Brake Block-off also fits the 400EX. They said they were going to add those to the 400 section. If they see how easy it is to simply assemble their 450R PowerGrips backwards and drill one hole to make it work on a 400 maybe they will add that one too.

Now if I just knew if the 450R brake pedal and shift lever would interchange with a 400 I would be happy, those are BADXXX :-)