PDA

View Full Version : OKO's vs Sunworld

THARNESS
01-30-2008, 11:27 AM
I have tried for 2 weeks to get our 50w/c to run right with the OKO. I got a lot of great advice on here about jetting and tried everything. Then I had my dealer send me a new OKO. It was worse then the first one, but I went through all the steps again with no luck.
I finally had them send me a Sunworld 16mm. I installed it with a UNI filter and an Outerwear. After jetting to a 110 main and moving the needle to the richest clip it runs great. It starts and idles like it should and is very responsive.
I have seen people on here ask about which carb to go with. My two cents worth is the Sunworld, hands down.

bulldogfallon
01-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Sunworld is a much safer choice for sure....

"If" you can harness the OKO it will run very fast....maybe even faster than a stock Sunworld/Mikuni, but that is a big "IF"

#17TBoneRacing
02-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Is the Sunworld and OKO the only choice to keep within the stock guidelines? What size was the OKO that was used vs the Sunworld currently used on the new 08 DRX 50? I was considering going larger to a 21mm from my Sunworld 16mm, but don't want to have issues either. Is the Keihin an option as they tend to be very reliable? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

THARNESS
02-13-2008, 07:58 AM
The OKO's are a 21mm. Ours ran better at wide open throttle with the OKO, but it was very inconsistant on the bottom and mid. I could also never get it to idle and it was hard to start.
From what I understand the 21mm OKO or the 16mm Sunworld are the only 2 options for the Limited class. If you are going to race MX I would suggest the Sunworld. If you are racing TT or flat track where you would be at full throttle more, you might want to try and tune the OKO.

Good luck,

#17TBoneRacing
02-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the info. I am going to try to confirm if the Keihin was ever used as I would like to run one.

quad1rider
02-13-2008, 09:05 AM
tbone your not able to use a keihn nobody can and it was never an option unless your not going stock... it is not a option sorry cant use it....